Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 02:40 PM

Re: Is Eugenie's wedding a big deal?

I expect the Highs will be all over the News so we won't escape totally.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If it's true that the taxpayer are picking up security costs it's outrageous .
These are a couple of rich nobodies they don't need security costs let mega millionaire air miles Andy hire a few heavies if he's that worried .

It's disgraceful -I do feel strongly about this that the tax payer has to pay anything for ANY of the queens grandchildrens weddings .

These are children of one of the richest famillies in the world .
All are multimillionaires staggering properties portfolios and yet the cash strapped tax payer has to fork out for the security of their weddings ?

People on eating out of food banks have no homes and the children of ordinary TAXPAYERS are saddled with student debt and the ever receding prospect of ever getting a home of their own .

The police don't have 'resources ' to come out after a burglary yet can find resources to make sure ...what exactly?

That nothing happens to two super indulged rich kids favoured only by a lottery of birth ?
Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'm angry that we are paying for this nonsense , I've just signed the petition not that it will do any good but there are many who feel the same way .

I'd rather see the money go into the NHS pot or our emergency services
I totally agree
Have signed the petition, thanks for the link!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 03:24 PM

Yes, I signed it last week.

This wedding malarkey really makes my blood boil. I really can't understand how HM can't wise up and put her foot down
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 05:43 AM

Because HM is the source of it all!
She is not a cuddly little mother figure to the nation .
She's not even a great mother to her own children
Bet she's never changed a nappy in her life
She is not a wise and wonderful superbeing .
She is a charming but totally oblivious product of her upbringing and her
position .
She thinks it perfectly right that the peasants should pay for the spectacle .
In the same way she thought that Kate Middleton should curtsey to them they being of 'royal blood .'
The sense of entitlement is immense why should it be otherwise ?
The Queen lives in a protective bubble .
Only the death of Diana brought her anywhere near reality -the reality that she could in fact make a mistake and the peasants could turn ugly !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 06:57 AM

Hi

I have absolutely no interest in seeing one rich nonentity marrying another.

I have been fortunate enough never to have met either Andrew or Fergie.

He is a complete arse according to some Ex Colleagues who have, so full of his own importance.

I do like his sister, Princess Anne, down to earth, very hard working.

Decades ago she told me and a couple of others to F Off very funny, she was ratted.

She apologised later for any offence, none taken, just a normal youngster who had had too much to drink.

Her kids are lovely, very down to earth, absolutely no airs and graces.

A few years ago I was at a Party in Bath, a rugby thing, the Welsh Nurse was Godmother to one of Zaras friends.

Off I went to hospital after being helped by her, she did not know me at all, just ace with her response.

So down to earth and practical, so different to some other Royals.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 06:59 AM

The money would be better spent in sending aid to the Tsunami victims in Indonesian!! They actually need it - the royal hangers on do not.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:58 AM

I've lost track of who is who amongst the Queen and Prince Philip's progeny.

I've no doubt the wedding is a big deal for Eugenie.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Not even being a staunch Royalist would tempt me to watch this now that Ruth Langsford and hubby are doing the commentating.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:25 AM

I'm with you all on this one. What a crass, disgraceful waste of taxpayers money. £2M pounds out of the public purse to pay for security for this embarrassing spectacle of watching Air Miles Andy's daughter, one of the most useless, inconsequential, low-grade members of the Royal family, along with her sister, Beatrice.l What galls me even more, is the way the Royal Family are claiming they are paying for the whole cost of the wedding itself out of Royal Funding - a nice clever way of blurring the picture between private and taxpayer's money. They must think we are stupid not to realise it is the taxpayer who will be footing the bill for this

What I find extraordinary, is Eugienie's belief that she is on a par with Prince William and Kate and Harry and Meghan? These two boys were taken into the hearts of many of the public after the death of their mother, hence, it was lovely to see them find their deserved happiness.

Eugiene will be sadly deluded if she honestly thinks she will see the same vast crowds lining the streets to see HER marrying another nonentity minor addition to the Royal family. Here's one who won't be watching! Even the BBC have refused the wedding television rights.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top