Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 01:46 PM

Re: House of Fraser to close.

Changing times. We have a retail park not far from us. Quite a few stores have closed. Some remain vacant.Just opposite is an Amazon warehouse as big as the whole the retail park . As I said, changing times.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Councils are not going to reduce business rates anytime soon so we can expect a lot more to disappear before they cotton on to it and the parking of course.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Councils are not going to reduce business rates anytime soon so we can expect a lot more to disappear before they cotton on to it and the parking of course.
They were reduced in the high street near us. There is free parking for up to two hours. We rarely go there. Why? We don't need to. We can get almost everything on line.

We do drive to some places. The vet for example. Private and free parking. The hospital charge, parking is congested, and you have no idea how long you'll be there so we take a taxi.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
We are losing the store in Skipton and wait for it ….we are getting a Primark in its place.... bloody frogs … Tuts
Primark's Irish
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Primark's Irish
Well I never... not sure why I thought it was French .... what a relief I don't mind them opening so much now

Thanks for correcting me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top