Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:34 PM

What would you have done?

So last Friday I was walking home from work with my back to the low blinding Sun, across the road I could see a woman probably early 50’s intently staring at me , of course her vision would have been impaired by the low Sun setting in the sky, any way after about 30 seconds she waves and shouts “Hello Pete”, now my name is not Pete and I have never seen this woman in my life before but instinctively I raised my left hand, waved, nodded my head and carried on walking
My thinking was the following....I could have told her I was not her friend Pete which might have embarrassed her and made her feel stupid, I could have ignored her, leaving her thinking Pete was a miserable so and so, so I think I took the kindest option, only drawback of course would be if she then bumped into Pete up the road or in the shop , even worse if she heard he passed away the day before

Anyway what would you have done in those circumstances?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Re: What would you have done?

If she was near me I would have probably told her she had me mixed up with Pete, but if she was in the distance I think I might have waved back like you did. You must be Petes doppelganger
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:40 PM

Probably the same as you, DWebb.

I was visiting a friend in care home yesterday when a lovely little old dear came and sat next to me. She took my hand, said how nice it was to see me again ( I had never seen her before in my life) and launched into a chorus of 'Daisy, Daisy' ! I sang long with her and, eventually, she moved off somewhere else - but it was such a poignant moment!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:43 PM

Exactly the same as you Colin.

Someone tooted me up last week when I was getting stuff out of the car. I have no idea who it was but I waved anyway.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
If she was near me I would have probably told her she had me mixed up with Pete, but if she was in the distance I think I might have waved back like you did. You must be Petes doppelganger
Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Probably the same as you, DWebb.

I was visiting a friend in care home yesterday when a lovely little old dear came and sat next to me. She took my hand, said how nice it was to see me again ( I had never seen her before in my life) and launched into a chorus of 'Daisy, Daisy' ! I sang long with her and, eventually, she moved off somewhere else - but it was such a poignant moment!
That’s reassuring anyway
DWebb
North East, UK

01-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Exactly the same as you Colin.

Someone tooted me up last week when I was getting stuff out of the car. I have no idea who it was but I waved anyway.
I think it’s the kindest thing to do and they will probably never realise
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 06:39 PM

There is someone driving around our town in a little red Ford Ka, who always toots at me and I have no idea who it is, but I always wave!
DWebb
North East, UK

01-10-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
There is someone driving around our town in a little red Ford Ka, who always toots at me and I have no idea who it is, but I always wave!
Ha ha what are we like
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Yes and I wave back

only joking honest Mister not me
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 06:52 PM

I would have done the same as the OP. And if she was closer to me I would have said, I'm not Pete, you have me mixed up with someone else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top