Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:00 PM

counterfeit $10 dollar bill

If you received a counterfeit $10.00 bill, but can't remember which store gave it to you, what would you do with it?

1) get rid of it asap at another store?
2) take it to the police station?
3) go back to all the stores you were in that day and demand another $10.00?
4) take it to your bank and accuse them of giving it to you?
5) wrap it up and give it to the grandchildren for Christmas?
6) take it to a Senior's Center and buy a sandwich and coffee with it?
7) Buy drugs from the nearest street drug dealers?
8) Send it to one of the Tele Evangelists, particularly one you hate?
9) Drop it in the Church Offering or nearest donation box?
10)Burn it and forget about it?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Re: counterfeit $10 dollar bill

Not much you can do. I received a fake fiver once.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:05 PM

Hey Blue...after carefully reading the list of 10 suggestions, on how to rid yourself of a counterfeit $10. bill...I am too tired to do anything with it... So I'll just keep it as a reminder of what to look for in the future...and what not to accept...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:06 PM

Hi

I would donate it to a Political Party.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:13 PM

whilst number 5 is mean, it did make me chuckle lol
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
whilst number 5 is mean, it did make me chuckle lol
Also illegal.
Did you realise that if you did, by mistake, offer it to a trader who realised that it was fake he is not supposed to give it back to you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 09:14 PM

No 6 Sounds good. Might even get £15 change.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 12:28 AM

Problem solved........

I went through my receipts and the only place I used a $20 was at a little variety store next to the dry cleaners I went to, to pick up my bed spread.........(the others were paid by Visa)..........
The person in the variety store was a sweet little old Chinese lady. As I thought it over, I remember asking her if this $10 was Canadian Tire money, as a joke. She said "no, it is an old fashioned $10, keep it, it will be worth something someday".....at least similar to that......

I went back today and I asked her for two scratch tickets for $5 each. She let me pick my own, I put them in my purse, and handed her the $10.00........she immediately said "that is phoney, bad money, and a bunch of other things". I told her she gave it to me yesterday and now she has it back. She said she was going to call the Police. I told her to go right ahead as she would have more to lose, than me. I said I would put it in the newspaper and the internet if she pushes me and I walked out of the store........

End of story.

She couldn't have called the police as no one came to my door. Some other sucker can deal with it now, as I am sure she will pass it on to some other senior, who might be in a hurry like I was.

I don't like to be scammed......and she deliberately did that to me...but I am happy now, and I will be even more happy if I get a win on those lottery tickets (scratch)....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top