Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 10:13 AM

Re: Christmas Day family fallouts

Floydy my heart is broken because of a family fall out between my son and daughter nearly three years ago , now my family can never be together in the same room again so no family christmasnesses again .

I've tried so hard to talk to both but it gets me nowhere .

I just do not understand
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 11:49 AM

Success this year ! No 'fall outs', must be a first ! Usually it's when three siblings sit at the same table. Only two of them this year. PLUS, and I must be honest, the tiniest indication of altercation puts me on guard after doing the thinking, getting a tree, digging the decs out, housework, clean bedding for those who stay over, shopping, preparing, cooking, serving for all......... by the time we sit to eat the stress factor is pretty high.
Anyway, we had a nice day . I always do Christmas dinner at my home , so if any of them feel they'd rather not bother, it's their choice.

There is so much effort put into Christmas I feel very sorry for those who are subjected to selfish, family fall outs... because it is selfishness by those involved.

@ susan m Sorry about your family, but there's a silver lining to everything , think of the money you have saved...

Happy New Year.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 11:50 AM

Sad for anyone having family fall outs, it used to be a feature when my parents were alive they couldn't get through the day without trying to kill each other, was much more peaceful once they were both gone. Now we just enjoy each others company and have a laugh.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:00 PM

Well its just Me and my Husband now after a big fall-out with my Sister and Brother-in-Law, never want to see or hear from her again.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 06:27 PM

It's difficult to talk about what happened as it includes family, not friends, so I'll have to keep quiet really. I just get fed up of grown adults shouting and bawling at one another, or sulking because they didn't like their presents.
But what can I do? They are my wife's daughters. I have no place to say anything about the situation as she will always back them up even though they are wrong to behave like that.
It happened on holiday too.

There you go, the two things I look forward to all year spoilt and ruined by hot-tempered offspring. Even the grandkids were little angels.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's difficult to talk about what happened as it includes family, not friends, so I'll have to keep quiet really. I just get fed up of grown adults shouting and bawling at one another, or sulking because they didn't like their presents.
But what can I do? They are my wife's daughters. I have no place to say anything about the situation as she will always back them up even though they are wrong to behave like that.
It happened on holiday too.

There you go, the two things I look forward to all year spoilt and ruined by hot-tempered offspring. Even the grandkids were little angels.
Yes I can imagine that is very difficult Floydy.... time to retreat to another room and listen to your music
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:31 PM

I can't understand people arguing with their families over what is often 'trivia', life is too short.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I can imagine that is very difficult Floydy.... time to retreat to another room and listen to your music
shame the gym closes, you could have sodded off there to let some steam off
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
shame the gym closes, you could have sodded off there to let some steam off
Ha! I got there today Lion Queen. Despite the hard work I was grateful of the time to myself.
I'm looking forward to a few drinks with friends tomorrow. My wife's coming too and she needs a good afternoon away from it all as well

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top