Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:32 PM

How did you spend Christmas Day?

No cooking for me thank goodness.

Tony & I were taken out to Christmas Lunch by Ady & Paula & the children. It was at a local country club. I think it was quite expensive but they paid. It was our Christmas present from them.

We had the most delicious four course meal and were stuffed to the gills after - we couldn't even tackle the mince pies that came with the coffee.

The only complaint I could make was that it was a bit chilly. We were sitting near a radiator that didn't work. I was glad I had my warm Christmas jumper on..

Afterwards we went back to their house to see what presents the kids had, had and to give them ours.

Around about 5.00pm Tony fell asleep on their settee - he's always the same when he's had a pint or two! Signal for us to go home so he could stretch out on our own settee.

When we got home we both had a little nod - then watched TV and never had another thing to eat all evening.

How was your Christmas Day?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:37 PM

Re: How did you spend Christmas Day?

Mine was lovely Carol... and all the food cooked by men... son cooked breakfast then onto daughters and son in law cooked lunch ... then went round to pals in the evening and Neil a pal cooked snacks

How times have changed
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:48 PM

Alone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:48 PM

It was a nice early start, Gracie was up at 6am so we had an early breakfast and went for a walk with the dogs, time we got back Ivana and her sister were here so we ladies set to doing the dinner. Lovely meal and the men folk washed up. Presents next then Nathan had to go to work sadly.
Played games and watched films and much later had tea, again the ladies made the meal and the men folk washed up and then we all went for another walk, dark this time so torches and phones lighting the way.
When we got back Ivana and her sister got on the computer to skype their mum and then Ivana skyped Jordan. We had a chat with him too. And then time for them to go home, they rang us when they got back as we were a bit worried about them driving back in the dark.
Gracie fell into bed at 8pm fast asleep before her head hit the pillow. And we weren't far behind her 9pm.

Really lovely day we had a lot to be thankful for this year.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:52 PM

Family descended upon us. The food was wonderful. A good time was had by all. After lunch Max took the elder grand girl, aged ten, for a stroll.She took hir binoculars to do a bit of bird watching, Her knowledge surprised me...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 08:07 PM

Sounds like a good end to your birthday Carol

I had a lovely day thank you with my son/DIL and 5 grandchildren 8 and under . No cooking my DIL did a cold table and we played games. I helped bathe the toddler twins in the evening.

I bought the 3 older ones onesies, a shark, cat and dalmation and they all fitted perfectly and were a great hit.

They were all very good children no, temper tantrums.
The three older children had hoverboards , they look great fun...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 09:35 PM

My usual

Up early, gammon on to boil, soup on

Turkey in the oven

Veg I bring in from work, all peeled and prepped, ready to go so....

down the pub at 12 for 2 hours and then back home to open the champagne and eat the prawn cocktails whilst waiting for the roasties and veg

dinner in us, and its pressie opening time in front of the fire. The cats at least enjoyed theirs

Then a bit of Micheal Buble and bed before 10

Another Christmas survived
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 09:51 PM

Very quiet. Just me, my son and husband. I cooked a gorgeous Christmas dinner and took some up for Dad and I stayed with him a couple of hours whilst he played Christmas songs for me on the keyboard. I don't have a big family but it would have been nice to have been invited to my nieces as they had a kareoke day but alas we didn't get an invite.

Oh well, never mind, I enjoyed my time off work and actually got some time to myself, it was great to relax. Back to the grindstone tomorrow *sigh*
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 10:01 PM

I spent it feeding my aging parents . My husband and I went there with a ham, all the gluten free food needed including dessert and surprised my parents. My mom was so excited.

A few weeks ago I bought myself a new saxophone so took it with me.My brother brought his trumpet but hadn’t played it in 10 years. It was bittersweet. We played about 12 songs a couple of times and when we were ready to stop my father was so disappointed and wanted us to continue.
They are 89 and 85. We were playing songs by ear but my father got the Christmas Carol words out so we could all sing to the music.
It’s tough at times
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 09:37 AM

Boring!

Myself and my Husband and Coco, watching the TV, both Husband and Cat asleep on the Sofa, leaving me to watching TV on my own. I did all the cooking etc.

The same routine for Boxing Day.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top