Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 09:15 PM

Re: How did you spend Christmas Day?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I almost had turkey. I was going to buy some just for the cats and myself but decided against it in the end because even the turkey crowns seemed too big and would probably get wasted.
You should chop it in half down the backbone or ask the butcher to do it for you. Then freeze half I do this for my Aunt with chickens
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by issi ->
Hi LD, I would like to thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
I am a bit afraid to reply to anything now, however I can always just read the post's. Wishing you a really wonderful new year.
Why not post no one here is scary or bothersome and every post is worth reading without posting we would all be bored. LOL
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Why not post no one here is scary or bothersome and every post is worth reading without posting we would all be bored. LOL
I completely agree.

Please don't be afraid of posting on here. Why should anyone criticise you?

Most of us are friendly and don't bite!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 11:11 PM

OK My Christmas

I booked a Christmas dinner for my self and my daughter at Beachy Head hotel

Her Husband was some were else with his mother.

Great meal and great sunny day with the view looking over the seven sisters.

Driving home my daughters phone rings and she says "O we a 2 miles from Lewis" No I says we are not.

Had taken wrong turning and was going back up to were we had started.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
This year was completely different for us.... Our sons' birthday is on Christmas day and this year he reached the grand old age of 40.
Several months ago, our daughter-in-law suggested we could do something special and if we all clubbed together, we could rent a cottage, ( 7 adult, + 1 child under 6), not too far away, as a surprise for him. So we spotted a Barn Conversion that would do, just about 20 miles away, in the 'sticks'.
Booked it for 4 nights, from 24th to 27th. Vacating on the 28th Dec.(last friday).

The surprise really worked well and on boxing day several of his friends turned up for a get-together, which was an extra surprise for him.

I'll need to post another thread to add additional info, in a few days.....
To be continued.

Malc.
Hi, Sorry for the delay...
Right, I always knew that there was a slight risk of this arrangement being problematic.
Firstly we had 4 households together, who wouldn't usually be together, each probably doing "Christmas" their way. For example our sons Mother-in-law decided to cook the turkey crown on Christmas eve, so she put it in the oven, I happened to say, what was the weight? She replied, severely, "I don't know!" at the same time, shrugged her shoulders....
Later on that evening, she turned off the oven and stated that, "She would finish cooking it tomorrow!"
I would welcome anyone's opinion on that idea, just in case we are wrong. Although, it's not something we would be happy to do.
Christmas Dinner was spoiled for us, due to the plates being cold and when my wife mentioned this, my daughter-in-law and her mother both said "It will be O.K."...
The veg hadn't been kept sufficiently hot, so because the plates were cold, the meal was barely lukewarm...

It's not something that we would wish to repeat...
I could go on about the 'comments' that we had to put up with and the main door that HAD to be left open most of the day, because SHE was too hot!
Apart from those few issues we had a good few days.
Malc.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
Hi, Sorry for the delay...
Right, I always knew that there was a slight risk of this arrangement being problematic.
Firstly we had 4 households together, who wouldn't usually be together, each probably doing "Christmas" their way. For example our sons Mother-in-law decided to cook the turkey crown on Christmas eve, so she put it in the oven, I happened to say, what was the weight? She replied, severely, "I don't know!" at the same time, shrugged her shoulders....
Later on that evening, she turned off the oven and stated that, "She would finish cooking it tomorrow!"
I would welcome anyone's opinion on that idea, just in case we are wrong. Although, it's not something we would be happy to do.
Christmas Dinner was spoiled for us, due to the plates being cold and when my wife mentioned this, my daughter-in-law and her mother both said "It will be O.K."...
The veg hadn't been kept sufficiently hot, so because the plates were cold, the meal was barely lukewarm...

It's not something that we would wish to repeat...
I could go on about the 'comments' that we had to put up with and the main door that HAD to be left open most of the day, because SHE was too hot!
Apart from those few issues we had a good few days.
Malc.
Well, you know the answer for next year.

Tell the other families that you're going abroad next Christmas. Then stay at home, turn off all the lights and enjoy what you missed this year!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top