Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 12:38 AM

Re: Turn off your engine

It's Bullshit Technology. If I was ever unfortunate enough to have a car with this I would disable it.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's Bullshit Technology. If I was ever unfortunate enough to have a car with this I would disable it.

Yes, Bruce. That would support my decision!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 04:21 AM

My last two brand new cars over a period of six years have had automatic cut off which means when the car stops the engine cuts off which to be honest is a pain in the arse, but there is a button that if depressed will keep the engine running..…..

where will it all end FFS.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Also a way to make us all go out and buy new cars with auto-cut off which is great - if you can afford it. No doubt while we are all doing this, aeroplanes will still be able to dump excess fuel into the atmosphere.
Good point Longdogs, and what about the millions of goods vehicles on our roads. Drive down most motorways through the week and lorries with their large Diesel Engines outnumber cars. Another reason to come out of the EU, most of them are foreign....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I agree with it. Don't let it idle for more than one minute. Pollution aside, it is a waste of fuel.
Yes but it's my fuel Bes, and think of all the tax i'm paying to help the country get out of the brown stuff....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 09:43 AM

If they want to keep cars away from cities, you'd think more Park and Ride sites and better public transport would be the answer.
They've cut a huge amount of bus routes and put up fares even on the Park and Ride services.
It seems the drivers are taking a beating for the lack of investment in public transport.
We can't win!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-02-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If they want to keep cars away from cities, you'd think more Park and Ride sites and better public transport would be the answer.
They've cut a huge amount of bus routes and put up fares even on the Park and Ride services.
It seems the drivers are taking a beating for the lack of investment in public transport.
We can't win!
Yer!....Wot she said....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 09:52 AM

What we need is Japanese transport experts over here sorting it out.
We don't seem to learn from other countries that have better systems.

We could do with some of those cute little cars of their's too
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We can't win!
Strangely enough, Scarborough council are proposing changing the park and ride..either
Stop running it during off season
Close one of the sites altogether ( there are two)
Or scrapping it altogether
We always use the p&r when we visit Scarborough so now we’ll have to park in the town centre..should they get rid of lt
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

03-02-2019, 10:00 AM

I love the Park and Ride in the outskirts of Bath, I won't drive in towns, especially Bath as it's so confusing now.
They're putting polution charges ( like London) on vehicles driving in the City, even busses which is completely daft.
It needs a by-pass to stop congestion in London Road.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top