Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:52 PM

Re: Tech on this forum

This is not a discussion area for physicists, inventors or anything else.
Just an section where people can gain advice / help on technical gadgets and technology per se if desired.

Can't see what your issue is really.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Real technology?

'Technology' - I googled it - The application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry.

How did you arrive at the figure of 99%? I understand that 67.3% of statistics are made up on the spur of the moment, but 99% sounds an unlikely result.
Hi Bruce,so you googled it? My definition came out of my head.On the % point ,l was referring to the number of IT related posts as opposed to,in my humble opinion,real technolygy.,check out your mining industry for real tech.Regards,Donkeyman.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:46 PM

YOU,pal,are a front. A con.

WE all know what 'tech' is-and the difference between a box of matches and the flames it can bring forth. ALL of us do. But YOUR wonderful head suddenly appears from nowhere,slags us all off,tells us we know nothing,only YOU are The Messiah,regarding tech. TECH,my dear man,is A STICK. A STONE. What you DO with that stick,that stone-ahh,that's 'software'...the product of using that stick,or that stone,to produce a mode of convenient use/enjoyable use/life-enhancing use;then repeating,over-and-over,different sticks,different stones,until you perfect the art of fire.
THAT,is progressive tech. NOT 'software'. The FIRE is the software.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:49 PM

Who ? What?

What we have here is a failure to communicate cherub.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 03:21 AM

bridges ?? - I once had a great bridge hand but got beaten by an angel who kept winking at me and caused me to play the wrong technology!

ps: donkeyman - get a donkey - it's quicker - if your aim was to stir people up a little - you achieved that - but become popular and hang around - I doubt it on that ticket?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 12:40 PM

WOW! The geeks seem to be in a tizzy,fighting for their domain,all l asked for was a little variety in the content of the forum,which is titled. technology after all.Regards,Donkeyman.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
WOW! The geeks seem to be in a tizzy,fighting for their domain,all l asked for was a little variety in the content of the forum,which is titled. technology after all.Regards,Donkeyman.
I am not very technical DM, but you will reap what you sow.
That is meant in a nice way.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 05:36 PM

Passing through the various layers of the NHS over the past two years, I'm amazed by how good the technology has become although there will always be those bothered by security.

Sitting in the back of an ambulance recently, the medical technician had almost my entire medical history on a tablet style device...everything is cross referenced so that health care workers have all the information they need.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Okay guys and gals, anyone know anything about bridges? Your starter for ten...
I know about a Graetz Bridge.........
That work for you?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
99% of posts on this forum l would class as gimics not technology. Technology used to be objects manufactured by humans for the betterment of human existence,such as bridges...
I for one don't agree with your definition - I'd call that Engineering, which falls under the broader, more general heading of Technology.

We don't really require advice on bridge repair and construction here, so technology in the home is what we come here for.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top