Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 04:12 PM

Dentist visit today

Yes one of those places one hates, but I don't mind going. Today after having an ache in a tooth for some time I went to my dentist and the previous fillings were no good any more and the tooth decay had got so bad I had to have the tooth out.
I have to add quickly that I do go for the 6 months checkup so it is not that I don't

So at this moment I have a pad in the mouth to stop bleeding and have to be careful for the next few days as to eating and having hot drinks.
That is the bad new, the good news is No more pain eventually and the dentist will arrange for a new plate ,or at least the existing one extended, fitted. He said about 6 months to let everything settle down first

So it has been a non excitable day today , no jokes about having a tooth out makes on light headed either
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 04:46 PM

Re: Dentist visit today

I had a lower rear tooth "wrenched" out recently - the bleeding stopped within a minute or two and eating/drinking reverted to normal after the local anaesthetic wore off (a couple of hours) ..... but I have had a "bleeder" in the past (I looked like Tony in "Men behaving Badly" ..... )

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 04:56 PM

Got through 2 lint pads now and still bleeding a bit so will try without a pad to see if it heals over quicker. Normally I don't have anything bleed for too long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Got through 2 lint pads now and still bleeding a bit so will try without a pad to see if it heals over quicker. Normally I don't have anything bleed for too long.

Are you on Aspirin or any blood thinners, Bazza?

Hope it settles down soon for you.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 05:40 PM

Coincidentally, I have my six month check-up and hygienist scrape tomorrow!

I don't mind dentists.
I'd rather see a dentist twice a year than lose my teeth.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

13-02-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Are you on Aspirin or any blood thinners, Bazza?

Hope it settles down soon for you.
no only thing I am on is the settee
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Coincidentally, I have my six month check-up and hygienist scrape tomorrow!

I don't mind dentists.
I'd rather see a dentist twice a year than lose my teeth.

I go twice a year too Pyxell. Next appt. March.

I have never had a tooth out, except for impacted wisdom teeth years ago, but that was done at hospital and they knocked me out so I didn't know anything about it other than waking up with a swollen face and cut mouth!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Yes one of those places one hates, but I don't mind going.
I too go regularly but break out in a sweat every time I sit in the chair. My abiding memory of dentists is my English NHS butcher when I was a child with his articulated contraption of a drill with black driving belts and his refusal to give an injection.

My dentist's surgery is more like a control room with screens everywhere. Even x-rays appear instantly. No matter, I still have that irrational fear.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I go twice a year too Pyxell. Next appt. March.

I have never had a tooth out, except for impacted wisdom teeth years ago, but that was done at hospital and they knocked me out so I didn't know anything about it other than waking up with a swollen face and cut mouth!
Snap!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-02-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I too go regularly but break out in a sweat every time I sit in the chair. My abiding memory of dentists is my English NHS butcher when I was a child with his articulated contraption of a drill with black driving belts and his refusal to give an injection.

My dentist's surgery is more like a control room with screens everywhere. Even x-rays appear instantly. No matter, I still have that irrational fear.

But think many of us do Bruce, I'm sure you're not alone.

You'd think in this day and age they would have found ways to help people over their fears better wouldn't you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top