Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:31 AM

Re: Car Washes.

The cost is normally dependant on the size of car, a 4x4 for instance is normally around £18 -£20 inside and out.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:05 PM

Pulling into town having just put 4K put on the car, I stopped at a self wash and was frustrated to discover that it was being operated with NO hot water. There can be all the pressure in the world, but if it's cold water coming through, it's money (and little dirt) down the drain.

I do like self washes because the vacuums are free.

I don't care for the sponge auto washes because the "jellyfish" sponges abrade the car with whatever sand/dirt residue was on the car in front of mine.

The auto jet washes are ok, but my car is low to the ground so much is missed. 5-20 dollars depending on the services.

That means the best option is still hot soapy water and my own power attachment on the garden hose.

Sometimes I wish I still had the Jeep with the interior drain holes, which meant I could power wash the whole thing, inside and out, in one fell swoop and be done with it. (But then again there was the cold and the hair thing that comes with owning a Jeep, so...)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 06:40 PM

Local fire station was doing a charity car wash today. £5 for a car was plus as many cups of tea and cakes you could consume for a donation. It was too busy for me to line up tbh.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-03-2019, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Pulling into town having just put 4K put on the car, I stopped at a self wash and was frustrated to discover that it was being operated with NO hot water. There can be all the pressure in the world, but if it's cold water coming through, it's money (and little dirt) down the drain.

I do like self washes because the vacuums are free.

I don't care for the sponge auto washes because the "jellyfish" sponges abrade the car with whatever sand/dirt residue was on the car in front of mine.

The auto jet washes are ok, but my car is low to the ground so much is missed. 5-20 dollars depending on the services.

That means the best option is still hot soapy water and my own power attachment on the garden hose.

Sometimes I wish I still had the Jeep with the interior drain holes, which meant I could power wash the whole thing, inside and out, in one fell swoop and be done with it. (But then again there was the cold and the hair thing that comes with owning a Jeep, so...)
Intrigued now!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 07:13 PM

Agree about self washing with hot soapy water, we have a Land rover and a Suzuki 4x4, they are always mucky. But what is the "hair thing"
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:29 PM

"Jeep hair, don't care" as the saying goes - except that eventually you do

Not me, but you get the idea.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-03-2019, 10:22 PM

"Jeep hair, don't care" as the saying goes - except that eventually you do

Not me, but you get the idea.

Ah, I see. I like it. It looks a bit sexy.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:42 AM

Hmm, Not for me, all those tangles to get out. Blooming Ouch. No Thanks.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Looks ok when you are in the car driving but when you get out .....you can't trade on looking cool if the car is parked in the car park and you're in the pub looking like you were just dragged through a hedge backwards.... been there
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 10:43 AM

My husband is as anal as Primus about his car and only he or BMW get to wash it

Me, I go to the local guy down the road - £5. Saves me a job I hate and keeps him employed

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top