Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 09:25 AM

Re: How often do you tell your partner you love them?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Speak for yourselv old man !
Thanks for that, Granny.

I think I love this thread.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 09:32 AM

You're welcome Gramps!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 09:44 AM

Every single day. Once when we wake up and again at night.

Very shortly after we wed I was in a serious plane crash in which most others died. It became vitally important from then on in to always let know my feelings and since that day, twice a day at least, we remind each other.

Soppy ?

HELL YES !

But it feels right so sod it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Every single day. Once when we wake up and again at night.

Very shortly after we wed I was in a serious plane crash in which most others died. It became vitally important from then on in to always let know my feelings and since that day, twice a day at least, we remind each other.

Soppy ?

HELL YES !

But it feels right so sod it.
That's lovely and You deserve a hug ...I didn't tell My late Husband I loved Him every day...too late now
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 09:53 AM

Saying it every day looses its meaning, once in 47 years is enough, any more and Sue would be in shock.
Only joking
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
ALL the TIME!!!

Ditto !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 10:01 AM

In early days of our marriage I used to put little notes in my husbands packed lunch telling how much I loved him, he would leave notes around the house saying the same. These days we utilise the text system to do the same, several times a day my phone beeps and it's him saying he loves me I respond likewise.

We do that with the kids too telling them how much we love and appreciate them, it's important people know you just never know when it will make a difference to their day.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Saying it every day looses its meaning, once in 47 years is enough, any more and Sue would be in shock.
Only joking
To each their own but the emotional tsunami when Elaine arrived at my bed in intensive care never subsided. It brought it home to both of us how fragile life is and how important some things are.

It's never lost its meaning for us.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Ditto !
But apparently there’s something wrong with that
I knew there had to be if ‘I’ was doing it
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Every day but I do think it can be overdone. I have found that those who bang on about it a bit too much are actually covering for something that's missing.
Longy, l agree.
Many of us end a phone call, a text or as a parting remark with the words, ‘Love You’. To me, although it is well meant, it is just lip service, a habit.
I have never needed to be told, ‘l love you’ as it is a known fact if l am with them.
I’m sure if they didn’t love me, they’d be long gone!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top