Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 10:45 AM

Re: How often do you tell your partner you love them?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I feel sorry for people who have no one left to love them .
I know a lady whose husband left her three decades past she has no children when her elderly dog died she could not afford to have another .
No one ( as far as I know ) ever says I love you to her .
And there must be so many people like that .
Widows single people how they would love to have someone say those words.

I do agree with you Muddy, there are many many people like that lady you described.

I don't mind admitting that I have not heard those words myself for probably best part of 25-30 years.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 10:51 AM

There are many people who are alone and complain because they have no one to love them.
I hate to say it but the world doesn’t come to you, you have to go out and find love!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:02 AM

I hear and say the words 'I love You' every time My Children/G.Children visit/phone/text...Have never said it to another Man simply because I haven't met Another who I loved.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
There are many people who are alone and complain because they have no one to love them.
I hate to say it but the world doesn’t come to you, you have to go out and find love!

And have you 'gone out and found love', Art?

There are many reasons why lots of people can't/don't go deliberately searching, like lack of confidence for a start.
You can't just assume that because you enjoy dating, that everyone else will.

I am used to being on my own, I am not complaining at all, and am happy as long as I have my dogs for company.

Having said that, my dogs don't contribute to much in the way of conversation though - which I do miss sometimes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And have you 'gone out and found love', Art?

There are many reasons why lots of people can't/don't go deliberately searching, like lack of confidence for a start.
You can't just assume that because you enjoy dating, that everyone else will.

I am used to being on my own after so long and am happy as long as I have my dogs for company.
Having said that, my dogs don't contribute to much in the way of conversation though - which I do miss sometimes.
Mups, Yes, l have a few times but l can’t do committment, it frightens me off!
I have got used to my single way of living and wouldn’t give it up. It’s as soon as things get serious, l skedaddle!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:18 AM

You don't need to hear those words to know that others love you.
Three of the most overused words in the language imo.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-03-2019, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I hear and say the words 'I love You' every time My Children/G.Children visit/phone/text...Have never said it to another Man simply because I haven't met Another who I loved.
May, I didn’t mention that in my first post, as l thought l would be told this thread was just regarding married people.

l hear these words from my children, my brother and sisters and l say it back.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:23 AM

These days I prefer to hear the words 'I like You'
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-03-2019, 11:28 AM

I am not talking about me but I think some women wouldn’t be bothered about the words. They would prefer money instead!
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do agree with you Muddy, there are many many people like that lady you described.

I don't mind admitting that I have not heard those words myself for probably best part of 25-30 years.
Sadly I am another that has not heard those words for quite some time. Mind I don't have a partner
and haven't for many years. I do tell my younguns I love them and it's nice to hear it back from the Grand Girls.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top