Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:43 PM

Re: I made my will

So many folks seek peace of mind, that answers many questions.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 11:51 PM

You did the right thing Ffosse.

It would have gone to your next of kin I would imagine with no bother but the will will prevent any misunderstandings and allow for special bequests that otherwise might not have been recognized.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 03:58 PM

I have had a will for some years, no changes needed, as it goes to both children jointly.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am surprised that people don't have a will.
Dying intestate causes incredible hassle at a time of grief and sadness.
Depends.

Dying intestate just means it goes to the FIRST next of Kin.

And a nasty cousin gets nothing even if she had promised them something.

My wife died and left no will and I applied for execetiter(sp) got it no problem I was sent a High court judgement after approval and was granted access to all her money and titles.

Which pissed of her scum sister
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:19 PM

What should I do? When what I have to leave would barely fund an holiday in my home town?
I once consulted a Solicitor regards making a will. He implied that it would hardly be worth it. So I didn't....It still cost me £30 to be so advised.
At least I have tried to cover the cost of my ultimate disposal. So there will not be much left to get excited about anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:24 PM

May I ask whether the majority of you use a Solicitor, or a Will writer, or did you DIY?

What are the fors and against of these options do you think?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
May I ask whether the majority of you use a Solicitor, or a Will writer, or did you DIY?

I used a solicitor who at the time was dealing with my house move. Quite a long time ago now.

Mups, I think if there is angst likely to erupt in the family ie querying stuff or expecting to inherit something but aren't, or there are a lot of family members, I think it's better to use a solicitor.

I could have done mine myself, as I'm leaving everything to Miss Madam. But if she's left this earth before me () I wanted to state which charities I wanted the money to go to. I vaguely remember the solicitor had a book to help guide me on charities.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Here you go folks.
https://www.redcross.org.uk/get-invo...EaAv-0EALw_wcB
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Good for you Ffosse, it's always wise to sort things out.

We wrote out our wills years ago and nothing has really changed. The boys know where our wills are keptin the event.

IMPORTANT. If you DO NOT make a will, and your partner is younger than you, this is what could happen...

Example - If He Who Must Obey and I were involved in an accident and we both perished, even if I lasted a few more hours, days, weeks than him, because we both died in the same accident and I am four years older, as the eldest partner, I will have deemed to have died first. Then HWMO, so, as we would assume each to receive all from each other, I would have left all to HWMO, he would have no will, but he would rightly inherit all. However, because he also died, it then ALL goes to his side of the family. i.e. his brother and sisters. Our own children would receive absolutely nothing!!

I believe this still stands.

Crazy but that is the way it is. so it is vital that everyone should make out a will to prevent such a thing happening.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

OH won a free will in a raffle, had to go to the person who donated it, a professional in Plymouth, but that was OK & we had another that we paid for made out for me. Probbly wouldn't have bothered if not for the free one, but I was glad we had when OH died.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top