Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:04 PM

Re: Silly Trollope

We all have different views on what is acceptable and what is not.
I think many of us in our age group were brought up in a time when we were expected to behave in a respectable manner. We had values.
As time has gone on, these values have been eroded. It is quite the norm, not to get married but live with someone.
If you had a baby out of wedlock you were shunned, looked down upon, even banished to another area to give birth and have your baby adopted. Now, a baby in wedlock is a rarity!

It’s not our fault we have kept the same values, it’s just the generations who have changed.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 01:53 PM

I don’t think her outfit makes her a Trollope .
I’d have no problem if it was beachwear, it’s just inappropriate
for public transport. Mainly I’m thinking of hygiene , sweat ....bodies come in all shapes and sizes a ample size might mean a sticky situation for the next seat ...yuk !
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I don’t think her outfit makes her a Trollope .
I’d have no problem if it was beachwear, it’s just inappropriate
for public transport. Mainly I’m thinking of hygiene , sweat ....bodies come in all shapes and sizes a ample size might mean a sticky situation for the next seat ...yuk !
That's a valid point. A couple of years back, in the height of a summer heatwave, a man in his late 50's or early 60's sporting a large beer belly got on the bus I was travelling on and he'd taken his t-shirt off and stuffed it in a bag. Sweat was running in rivulets down his back and chest, yet he took offence when the driver told him to put his top on or he couldn't get on the bus. The driver said it was for hygiene reasons because the seat - and the person next to him - would get sweaty. Plus, in my opinion and probably the majority of the passenger's opinions, it was a hideous sight anyway.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:36 PM

Of course it is and people have made ( IMO sexist and fatist comments ) that she was young and slim .

What has that got to do with anything ?

She may have been young and weighed 25 stone does she not have the same right ?

Or old etc etc I have said this before .

Actually planes are generally quite cold ( they are air conditioned) so a bra is hardy necessary for coolness.

I must mention that I used the word Trollop here -( and yes I did misspell it well done all you hawk eyes you will be on master mind next week i) not in the sense of a woman who has had many sexual partners but in e sense of it's meaning a Vulgar woman .

I have lived many years in he Carribean and there it is warm and people wear light clothing .
However the local people don't walk around in beach ware when NOT on the beach and don't really like tourists doing it .

I always felt embarrassed when I saw ( invariably an English person ) walking about in a bikini in a supermarket .
For goodness sake use a sarong !
There quite simply is a time and a place for everything and a plane is not the place to wear a bra .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:40 PM

True Muddy, I find planes cold.
I guess she was attention seeking???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:49 PM

Sweetie I truly believe some English people lose their heads when they go away on holiday .
They lose all sense of decorum and common sense .

Many countries are conservative and women dress modestly .
And it's easy to do so and remain cool and attractive .
She could have worn a vest it would have looked good and been cool enough .

I am totally against women being forced to cover up as in Islamic countries however I am also against immodesty that makes others uncomfortable .

For some reason modesty seems to be out of fashion and I don't believe most men unless they are especially rough and common want to see their wives and daughters sitting in a plane in a bra .
It's not elegant in any way at all.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 05:53 PM

I agree with you Muddy.
I have seen some sights on planes.
I also hate the drunken louts.
I usually like to sleep on a plane.
It is bad enough going through all the extra stress of security checks, that are needed these days.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Really this woman has no sense of decorum .
I feel ashamed to be british when I see silly attention seeking behaviour like this .
Common as muck .

There's nowt so queer as folk.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 09:47 PM

Common as muck

where there's muck, there's brass.

( oops ... I've gone all Yorkshire )
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 10:00 PM

I saw a picture of her in todays paper and was wearing a bra , albeit a fancy one . Just not appropriate TMM. Still i suppose that attention seekers do.
Then make a fuus when it is pointed out it is not accepable . Silly little tart.
lol

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top