Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:24 PM

Re: Co codamol

And ?
What did you say your problem was ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:25 PM

I am prescribed Kapake which is 30mg Codeine Phosphate and 500mg Paracetamol as it’s the only one l can tolerate. I only take half a tablet as and when needed.
I was once prescribed Co-Codemol and took one and nearly collapsed in my greenhouse. I refused to take them. I had to beg my doctor for Kapake!
I am not addicted to them and would never take lbuprofen, they are lethal things!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:34 PM

I have been told to take co codamol with ibuprofen as well .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am prescribed Kapake which is 30mg Codeine Phosphate and 500mg Paracetamol as it’s the only one l can tolerate. I only take half a tablet as and when needed.
I was once prescribed Co-Codemol and took one and nearly collapsed in my greenhouse. I refused to take them. I had to beg my doctor for Kapake!
I am not addicted to them and would never take lbuprofen, they are lethal things!
Kapake is the same as Co Codamol .
Co-codamol is a pain killing drug and is also known by its brand names Kapake, Solpadol or Tylex. It is a combination of two drugs – paracetamol and codeine. Doctors often prescribe it to relieve pain after surgery
30 mgms is a lot of codeine compared to 8 in a Co Codamol .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have been told to take co codamol with ibuprofen as well .
What you’re told to do and what you do do Muddy are two different things .
I’m guessing the ibuprofen is to relieve inflammation .
Me ? I wouldn’t take it unless I was forced to and I am in a lot of pain throughout all my joints .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Kapake is the same as Co Codamol .
Co-codamol is a pain killing drug and is also known by its brand names Kapake, Solpadol or Tylex. It is a combination of two drugs – paracetamol and codeine. Doctors often prescribe it to relieve pain after surgery
30 mgms is a lot of codeine compared to 8 in a Co Codamol .
Yes, l know that! Zuleika, but l cannot tolerate the ones the doctor wants to prescribe, l can only tolerate Kapake.
Maybe, the basic ones the doctor prescribes contain some ingredients that Kapake doesn’t contain?
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And ?
What did you say your problem was ?
I am not aware that I was the question under discussion, however, due to mult-tasking at the time I appreciate my posts may have been short and blunt.
However, my point was that your pills would have zero street value as being suggested by other posters. Not quite suitable for making "purple dank" are they?

I assume only that they were prescribed for Chronic rather than short term pain and there is the problem. Firstly do you really get any benefit from taking the tablet? And secondly will the tablet become a phycological crutch on your part and from my reading of your experience after two days I get the feeling that it might.
Next step will be prescription for "Macrogol" and so such things go on.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 01:57 PM

When I broke my wrist I took CoCodamol for about a month, to relieve the pain that occurred in the early stages & it really helped! Once the wrist was set in plaster and started to feel more comfortable I went on to Paracetamol & Ibuprofen.....all of these were given by my doctor!
The CoCodamol did cause sleepiness, but that was great when the pain was too bad to allow sleep & having taken them for 4 weeks there was no sign of addiction.

All the risks of drugs, that are printed on the leaflets, are unlikely to occur. They are just there to warn you so you can seek advice if they do occur. All medical drugs carry a risk, so it is your own choice whether you take them.
When I had cancer I had Chemo therapy....which involved putting poisonous chemicals into my body, but if i had refused them I probably wouldn't be here today, to tell you about them!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-03-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by DaveyJ ->
I am not aware that I was the question under discussion, however, due to mult-tasking at the time I appreciate my posts may have been short and blunt.
However, my point was that your pills would have zero street value as being suggested by other posters. Not quite suitable for making "purple dank" are they?

I assumee only that they were prescribed for Chronic rather than short term pain and there is the problem. Firstly do you really get any benefit from taking the tablet? And secondly will the tablet become a phycological crutch on your part and from my reading of your experience after two days I get the feeling that it might.
Next step will be prescription for "Macrogol" and so such things go on.

I accept your non apology if that is the best you can do and will tell you need to work on your patronising manner .
Your assumption is quite wrong .
This is not for chronic pain at all
.I have damaged my hand it has become badly infected due to being exposed to a toxic substance and is very painful .
The dressings have to be changed it's now an open wound and they have told me to take these pills to relive the pain .
I have been lucky in my life to have enjoyed good health so am unfamiliar with this drug - the reason I asked on the forum
I am also unfamiliar with the amounts drug addicts take or in what strengths .
Being sound of mind I am not likely to overdose on paracetamol or anything else for that matter and I don t need any crutches physical or otherwise thank you -your psychiatric skills need a brush up too.
I merely wanted to know what I was taking .
The medical profession all too often are reluctant to expound on medication to the lay person .
An arrogance we could well do without.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
What about the oxycodone I've been on for 6 months or so now. Is that adddictive? I know my weekly oxycodone liquid never lasts me a week so I suspect the answer is yes.
I was given this in hospital after my extremely painful op 5 years ago. It had to be signed off by two nurses before giving to me, and only then after all pain relief had failed. They initially refused to let me go home with a supply but backed down when I threatened to report them to PALs for not managing my pain. At all! The drug is addictive, I was given to understand. I didn’t take many as I WAS scared of getting addicted, and eventually took any remaining tablets to the pharmacy for disposal, when I had a drug clear out (other prescription ones that I had failed to take and which had accumulated).

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top