Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 10:22 PM

What time of day are you ready to face the world?

Personally I struggle to be up and about ready to face the world much before midday. That is mainly due to working permanent night shifts for over 20 years so my 'body clock' is all out of synch.

Are you a 'morning' or 'night' person and what time of day are you ready to face the world?

Edited to add:
Now retired I have not worked night shifts for many years but my 'body clock' just will not reset itself. I feel more rested and prefer to be awake until the early hours so then wake later.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 10:32 PM

Re: What time of day are you ready to face the world?

I wake between 4 and 5, and so could be raring to go at 6 if necessary!

On the other hand, I hate having to go out in the evening, as I am usually half-zonked by 7pm, and asleep by 10.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Personally I struggle to be up and about ready to face the world much before midday. That is mainly due to working permanent night shifts for over 20 years so my 'body clock' is all out of synch.

Are you a 'morning' or 'night' person and what time of day are you ready to face the world?
Oh Baz, tell me about it mate!

Thirteen years on nights and I'm still a mess come Friday evening. Up most of the night wide awake.

Like yourself though, it's about 1 pm during the week after my sleep and I'm okay for four hours until I need to go back to bed again for the night shift once more

I relish the weekends and make the most of my time.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 11:00 PM

I am very much a morning person. I like to get everything I need to do early or at the latest by midday. The rest of the day I relax and take things EZ.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 11:01 PM

I use to enjoy working nights, great for dieting!

However, that was years ago.

Baz, Do you mean face the world as in leaving the house or face the world as in getting up?

I hate getting up now, it's such a chore But TBH, I used to like very early mornings.

During the winter I was waking about 8.15 until the lighter mornings came, now it's about 6/7ish.

Thing is, I need to take a pill sometime in the night. I don't wake at a particular time to take it - just when I wake. I need to leave 4 hrs between taking the pill before I can have brekkie. So, for instance if I wake at 5am I can have brekkie at 9am. If I wake 7am it's 11am etc etc
Because my mind remembers what time I woke and the 4 hr malarky, I think my mind then thinks I can sleep for another 4 hrs plus

If you didn't understand any of that, that's fine. I can confuse anyone
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 11:21 PM

Very early, I'm up at 6am and in the pool for 7am.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 11:30 PM

Usually around 9 a.m. Unless I am going anywhere earlier, then it's 3/4 of an hour before I have to go.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 11:32 PM

We(me+dog) are on the road at 5AM.It started in the summer because she doesn't like the heat,now it's an all year thing.I like it too,no people.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 11:35 PM

Proof of the pudding, lets see how many accredited members are on line before 7.00am tomorrow, 29/03/2019.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Baz, Do you mean face the world as in leaving the house or face the world as in getting up?
Awake, showered (or whatever) ready for what usually has to be done during the day ahead.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top