Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:45 AM

Licence plates for cyclists?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epeatedly.html

Something I have been hoping for for years now, ever since the phenomenon of lycra louts trying to assert their 'rights'.

We have read reports of some (not all, of course) cyclists having the freedom to break the law and escape justice by simply riding away in the sure knowledge that they cannot be identified.

Now that a Nob has been affected directly, perhaps something will be done to redress the balance.

If nothing else, this post is likely to widen the difference of opinions between cyclists and non-cyclists! We shall see.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:47 AM

Re: Licence plates for cyclists?

They should at least carry insurance on them
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:49 AM

Great idea I have lost count of number of cycles I've seen over the winter with no lights, cycling badly almost certain to cause accidents. Insurance is least the should have their bikes should be registered and safety checked MOT like.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:53 AM

I do agree about insurance, but if a rogue cyclist causes an accident or damage, what is the point of him having insurance when he can just bugger off with impunity?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I do agree about insurance, but if a rogue cyclist causes an accident or damage, what is the point of him having insurance when he can just bugger off with impunity?
Car drivers pay into a fund to compensate people when hit by uninsured drivers it's included in your insurance premium I believe. No reason a cycle insurance couldn't include something similar I think.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Car drivers pay into a fund to compensate people when hit by uninsured drivers it's included in your insurance premium I believe. No reason a cycle insurance couldn't include something similar I think.
I disagree.

The sort of people who are responsible for causing accidents or damage are likely to not have any insurance. The rest of us pay for them!

If a cyclist should cause an accident or damage and just runs away, without any form of ID how can they be held to account, insured or not?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 12:43 PM

And, to top it all, the Woman's 4X4 was illegally parked whilst she was loading her cycle up.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 01:58 PM

Fit all bikes with GPS trackers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 01:59 PM

It should have been done years ago when lycra first became popular. These people need to be identified when they cause an accident or damage to other vehicles. I'm all in favour of it and as a kid, would have been happy to display a 'number plate' as it would have made me feel all grown up.

Interesting that you call him a Nob JBR when his expertise was in IVF.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Interesting that you call him a Nob JBR when his expertise was in IVF.
No, not a KNOB (though he probably is!), but a NOB = a noble, a member of the House of Lards.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top