Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:57 PM

Re: Licence plates for cyclists?

When the police actually do manage to stop these cyclists with no lights on and weaving all over the road, they should take their bikes off them and smash them up. Make them walk home without their bikes.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 07:57 PM

Bring it on & soon!!!
Held up by 6 cyclists today on a major road, they were wearing all the correct gear though, but cars held up in front & behind us, 2 were riding abreast. They never even bothered to go single file & hogged half the left side of the single track road. A lot of traffic coming towards us on the other side, so no chance of passing them for a while, but we did eventually. I felt like shouting something rude out the window as we did pass, but resisted the temptation.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 07:59 PM

We should use 'em as target practice......
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 08:09 PM

I am not against cyclists. My problem is that they are silent and come upon you with little or no warning. Bells or horns should be mandatory.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Bring it on & soon!!!
Held up by 6 cyclists today on a major road, they were wearing all the correct gear though, but cars held up in front & behind us, 2 were riding abreast. They never even bothered to go single file & hogged half the left side of the single track road. A lot of traffic coming towards us on the other side, so no chance of passing them for a while, but we did eventually. I felt like shouting something rude out the window as we did pass, but resisted the temptation.
You get this scenario all the time.
They are the most arrogant self righteous prats in existence.
I absolutely despise the lot of them.

Not only that, I often find that they actually WANT conflict. It's as if they actively look out for something to bleat about with motorists and enjoy the aggro.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
You get this scenario all the time.
They are the most arrogant self righteous prats in existence.
I absolutely despise the lot of them.

Not only that, I often find that they actually WANT conflict. It's as if they actively look out for something to bleat about with motorists and enjoy the aggro.
Exactly, and to help them they wear cameras on their heads in order to appear intimidating.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 10:23 PM

Having had two frightening incidents with psycho cyclists over the years I am all for this. They wear little cameras that record what a car is doing but they remain completely anonymous. It's not just that they ignore road rules but they expect pedestrians to get out of their way. It's not like they would be pushing people out of the way if they were walking on the pavement. (or maybe such types would!)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 10:42 PM

I don’t think there will be many cyclists on the road when electric cars come in.
One cyclist told me, it’s scary as they can’t hear the electric cars behind them, as they are so silent.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 10:47 PM

I agree that they should have identification and insurance but whats the point if theres hardly any police going round the streets to see them.

If cyclists have to be registered please can we have those little disabled scooters also have insurance and number plate. You do see some of those tearing round the pavements as well. I often see them tearing round the local park footpaths at ridiculous speeds just the same as bikes.
One of our supermarkets here has banned them inside the store after problems.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Having had two frightening incidents with psycho cyclists over the years I am all for this. They wear little cameras that record what a car is doing but they remain completely anonymous. It's not just that they ignore road rules but they expect pedestrians to get out of their way. It's not like they would be pushing people out of the way if they were walking on the pavement. (or maybe such types would!)
Well I have a camera in my car, too, so I can record whatever the lycra louts do.

Not that it would make any difference as there's no way they can be identified anyway.

Yes, cyclists have it all their own way and I don't expect our inept politicians to do anything about it either.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top