Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 06:55 PM

Does anyone think that you're odd because of your hobbies?

I collect watches and although I've got fewer than 10 (around 7 or 8) some people think this is odd as you can only wear one at a time. I was just reflecting upon this as I changed them to one hour forward. But what about stamp and coin collectors I retorted - they can have hundreds if not thousands of stamps and coins.

What if you liked music, would you be odd if you had many albums? Or some women with their shoes and handbags. The remark, on another forum, annoyed me somewhat.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:16 PM

Re: Does anyone think that you're odd because of your hobbies?

I was considered old as a child because I loved knitting. I've watched the fashions come and go and been old, right up to date, odd, modern, interesting, mindful. I am still knitting and so the fashions come and go.

Jigsaw puzzles we all enjoy so that makes us all old I am told.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:30 PM

True, although I never liked jigsaws - they used to infuriate me.

But I remember my mother knitting from patterns. I can still remember trips to the wool shop with her when I was about 4 or 5.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 07:40 PM

I've got some odd hobbies!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
True, although I never liked jigsaws - they used to infuriate me.

But I remember my mother knitting from patterns. I can still remember trips to the wool shop with her when I was about 4 or 5.
Ffosse, can you also remember your mum asking you to put your arms up so she drape the skeins on them and wind the wool into balls?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:08 PM

I don't seem to have many hobbies now, 'cept for a bit of making stuff - you know sewing now and again and knitting, turning something into something else - whatever.

I can dip my hand into anything and become fully engulfed in it, so I guess that could come under the 'hobby' category. But then I get bored.... but in general I'm a 'doer' of nothing in particular and enjoy it. So, I'll class that as coming under 'hobby'.

I think people who know me though would probably put my hobbies as marriages, partners, lovers, boyfriends, moving house and jobs
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:20 PM

I collect watches and although I've got fewer than 10 (around 7 or 8) some people think this is odd as you can only wear one at a time. I was just reflecting upon this as I changed them to one hour forward. But what about stamp and coin collectors I retorted - they can have hundreds if not thousands of stamps and coins.

What if you liked music, would you be odd if you had many albums? Or some women with their shoes and handbags. The remark, on another forum, annoyed me somewhat.
Not odd at all mate. I'm probably up to maybe 17 watches now. No, you can't wear them all at once but I regularly swap around between them.

I'm into ham radio as well and have around 10 hand helds. It's the same, I swap / rotate between them depending on what I'm doing. They all have slightly differing features to each other.

Sod what anyone else thinks anyway.......
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

30-03-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Not odd at all mate. I'm probably up to maybe 17 watches now. No, you can't wear them all at once but I regularly swap around between them.

I'm into ham radio as well and have around 10 hand helds. It's the same, I swap / rotate between them depending on what I'm doing. They all have slightly differing features to each other.

Sod what anyone else thinks anyway.......
Yes I was going to put that too, but forgot....
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I don't seem to have many hobbies now, 'cept for a bit of making stuff - you know sewing now and again and knitting, turning something into something else - whatever.

I can dip my hand into anything and become fully engulfed in it, so I guess that could come under the 'hobby' category. But then I get bored.... but in general I'm a 'doer' of nothing in particular and enjoy it. So, I'll class that as coming under 'hobby'.

I think people who know me though would probably put my hobbies as marriages, partners, lovers, boyfriends, moving house and jobs
You little hussy you..........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 08:30 PM

Does anyone think that you're odd because of your hobbies?
I'm sure they must do: I think I've probably got one of the oddest hobbies ever known.

I design organs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top