Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:12 PM

Re: Where do a lot of you,

I get mine from Dood.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:19 PM

It's true Ms Sweetie Pie is pregnant with misinformation.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
It's true Ms Sweetie Pie is pregnant with misinformation.
Random question thread caused it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I was a bit disturbed by the post on here which said on the news that Gove was going to be the new PM - until I remembered what date it was Quite put the wind up me it did. It was that naughty Judd who posted it
I managed a really good April fools at work. At five to midday I announced that Teresa May had resigned. Great reaction but they were a bit disappointed it wasn't true!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 09:23 PM

My main interest is British social history - a love of the subject I got from my history teacher in secondary school. Yesterday, while getting my car MOT'd, I went to the main library in town and brushed up on the Enclosures Acts and the Corn Laws (due I suppose to the thread on the Peterloo Massacre) and how they impacted on the ordinary working man/woman.

Until 1832 Reform Acts, the working class were denied the vote and even then that vote was only given to those who earned £5p.a. or more or who had a modicum of education, the rest were still disenfranchised. Even when those select few voted for an MP, then as now, that vote was ignored. It's 200 years since that event and nothing's really changed. Parliament rode roughshod over the people then (literally) and they still do it today.

I get my other information from th'internet and various news sources. Not pinko pseudo commie rags like the Mirror or the Independent (independent my backside). The Grauniad? Nah, I tried using it as toilet paper once and more shit came off it than it cleaned up.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:30 AM

The thing is to be open minded open to new thoughts and ideas althought this is not always easy.
The internet is a fantastic source of information although if course it gives a platform to the crackpots and false propaganda too.
its all about sifting the wheat from the chaff.
People tend to be more informed on things they take an interest in .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I was a bit disturbed by the post on here which said on the news that Gove was going to be the new PM - until I remembered what date it was Quite put the wind up me it did. It was that naughty Judd who posted it
Not half as worrying as the story that said May was asking for Corbyn's input ........ Oh S***, that was true.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The internet is a fantastic source of information although if course it gives a platform to the crackpots and false propaganda too. its all about sifting the wheat from the chaff.
Wise words Muddy

The journey to wisdom and knowledge is not an easy one, requires effort and as you say the experience and nouse to be able to separate the falsehood from the truth. Rather than despair at the task in hand we should instead embrace the challenge and devote the time to that investigation and analysis of the plethora of great wisdom that the internet and other sources freely afford. The journey can only serve to further one's self .

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

Martin Luther King

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Winston Churchill

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top