Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:40 PM

Dog hair removal from clothes.

Does anyone have a brilliant way of removing dog hair from clothes.
I've just unloaded the washing machine and while folding the clothes ready to put on the drying maiden realised how many are coated in dog hair, some much worse than others. I've got a lovely new fleece jacket but cannot wear it now as its absolutely covered
Can anyone recommend a way of removing dog hair. I did buy one of those sticky roller things from Wilko but its pretty useless.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:45 PM

Re: Dog hair removal from clothes.

Don't let the dog wear your clothes?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:52 PM

Put the clothes in a tumble drier,that will remove the dog hairs,that's if you have one,..also try sellotape,I use that on the floor,as my JR,sheds hair all the time,I also have to hoover my bed,good luck.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 02:07 PM

I also use Sellotape, it picks up hairs lovely.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 03:23 PM

Like others have said, sellotape works, though tiresome for lots of clothes.

Luckily my lot are all a non-shedding breed, but when I clip them I use one of these on my trousers afterwards and find it very good.

Also when I am ironing, if I have any bits of fuzz on my trousers, I use this while the garment is laid flat on the ironing board. Much easier that way, than when you are just holding it, or wearing it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Cloth.../dp/B0055CPJLS
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Don't let the dog wear your clothes?

Or shave the dog?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:37 PM

I use this for removing fluff stuff - picks up more and more robust than sellotape - wraps around the hand nicely too

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	brown-polypropylene-adhesive-tape.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	9167  
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 08:20 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. I will order the brush from Amazon and also the wide brown parcel tape. Its driving me mad this. Diego is long haired but even short haired Peaches is dropping hair. I bought four cushion covers to match the lounge walls colour and all four are plastered. Its as if certain materials are like a magnet to attract hair.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 08:37 PM

MC, just had another thought too.

Are you sure you have the correct tools for grooming each different coat type?
If maybe you are not getting enough dead hair out, that could account for so much hair on everything.

There are many brushes, combs, de-tanglers, matt breakers, furminators, slickers etc for all the different coat types.

Here are a few from Pets at Home, but there are many more places to buy too.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pe...s-and-slickers
Mondays child
United Kingdom

02-04-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
MC, just had another thought too.

Are you sure you have the correct tools for grooming each different coat type?
If maybe you are not getting enough dead hair out, that could account for so much hair on everything.

There are many brushes, combs, de-tanglers, matt breakers, furminators, slickers etc for all the different coat types.

Here are a few from Pets at Home, but there are many more places to buy too.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pe...s-and-slickers
Thank you Mups. I think I will take the dogs with me to Pets at Home for advice as my daughter has only left me a fine wire brush which doesn't appear to get very much hair out at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top