Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 08:06 AM

Re: Rant alert! Useless wasteful Council!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Tabby, if you are so cross about this, why not write to the council & ask who made the final decision on which piece of road was in the most need of repair!
Ask for an urgent reply, as many residents would like to know who is making these decisions, that are financed by the council tax that you are paying.
You could then make a leaflet & print more on your PC, so you could put it through the doors where the the potholes are really bad. Councillors need to know that their position may be damaged by the actions they wrongly decide upon!
Been there, done that, hence the photos - waiting for reply. One of the car owners has started a 'round robin' letter to our MP as well.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 08:16 AM

As far as the new bit of road is concerned expect a utility company to arrive anytime soon to dig it up.....always happens
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 09:23 AM

When l contact the council or councillors. l always make sure, l have a name (usually the top one) to address it to, with it marked specifically, ‘For the attention of....’
I think, this way, it has more chance of going straight to them and not to just anyone in the department.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
As far as the new bit of road is concerned expect a utility company to arrive anytime soon to dig it up.....always happens
So true.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 02:37 PM

Result! Just come back from town and - surprise, surprise, all the potholes are now wearing day glow orange patches - which means something is about to be done!

You watch - it will snow tonight!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Result! Just come back from town and - surprise, surprise, all the potholes are now wearing day glow orange patches - which means something is about to be done!

They have just sprayed them orange to make them look pretty.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

That is good news Tabby. Councils are all trying to save money, but I have found that a strongly worded, official complaint often does the trick.
I have an assisted bin collection, as I am not medically allowed to wheel the heavy bin. The bin men often didn't bother to collect my bin, so I wrote to the council advising them that, if I didn't get the service I was paying for, with my council tax direct debit, I would be forced to cancel the payment till I received a refund for the number of times they had failed to empty my bin !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top