Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 04:57 PM

Family Member.

Do you ever go and stay with yours,..obviously those that have left home,Son/daughter etc,

I stay at my sons once a month,just to help him with cleaning /domestic duties,as he works very late at night,..I love to help him,do you do anything to help your family?..
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Re: Family Member.

I wish Pauline! All my gorillas live locally and this is their meeting point for EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY!.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if they lived away and we could visit them to be spoiled, but I wouldn't have it any other way. They may well be all grown with their own families but they will always be my babies and living near, I know they are safe, we're here if they need us, and vice-versa.

As for helping them? too many times to count! especially when the England football matches are on, they take over the front room here!. That is especially my bit to help the DIL's to have a bit of peace and no doubt, watch Coronation Street whilst they eat me out of house and home
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 05:44 PM

Mostly they come to us.
Had a house full last weekend. Kids, grand kids.
New house. More space.
Helped us with unpacking, furniture build, did us a very nice barbecue.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 05:46 PM

There's only my sister on my side now and she's got her own family, so we just meet up every three months for a coffee and a catch-up.
I think it's mainly older people who will stay with their families as they will be in more need of looking after.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 05:51 PM

No we don’t stay at our relatives house but we visit regularly.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I wish Pauline! All my gorillas live locally and this is their meeting point for EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY!.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if they lived away and we could visit them to be spoiled, but I wouldn't have it any other way. They may well be all grown with their own families but they will always be my babies and living near, I know they are safe, we're here if they need us, and vice-versa.

As for helping them? too many times to count! especially when the England football matches are on, they take over the front room here!. That is especially my bit to help the DIL's to have a bit of peace and no doubt, watch Coronation Street whilst they eat me out of house and home

Aww!!...what a lovely post,yep always be our babies!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-04-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Mostly they come to us.
Had a house full last weekend. Kids, grand kids.
New house. More space.
Helped us with unpacking, furniture build, did us a very nice barbecue.....

How lovely,barbecue?..I need to have a word with my son,I would love him to cook me a meal even!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-04-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
There's only my sister on my side now and she's got her own family, so we just meet up every three months for a coffee and a catch-up.
I think it's mainly older people who will stay with their families as they will be in more need of looking after.

That's nice,that you meet up,..I'm old and I stay with my "young"!! son,..I'm the one that does all the looking after "HIM"!!!..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

03-04-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No we don’t stay at our relatives house but we visit regularly.

That's nice, Mags,
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 07:12 PM

I don't have to stay at my Daughter's as she lives a 10 minute walk away. Son lives here, he never left,. I wonder if I have the oldest child who never left home? He's 52.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top