Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 12:56 PM

Re: Open-plan Gardens

A bit off topic,sorry Tessa,..even on some private estates,you are not aloud hang any laundry outside.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So could someone put up a 6ft fence in theory? I seem to remember our house had some sort of clause about no plants over 3ft tall but it was only for five years and that was 140 years ago.

Same here,now the estate is pretty old,we all have 6ft fences,sorry I mean some of us,there is a private estate near me,where it's open planned,but much more spacious than the new builds,..some keep the frontage nice,..some don't .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Same here,now the estate is pretty old,we all have 6ft fences,sorry I mean some of us,there is a private estate near me,where it's open planned,but much more spacious than the new builds,..some keep the frontage nice,..some don't .
That's the bit that concerns me. That and relaxing in the garden on a nice sunny day whilst your neighbour is having a family BBQ.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:04 PM

I wonder why they make these rules?
I noticed a lot of American homes don't have borders as such. Do you think that was copied here? Their houses and gardens are, mostly, much bigger than ours so it probably doesn't notice that the neighbours are sneaking over the boundaries etc.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:06 PM

That's the bit that concerns me. That and relaxing in the garden on a nice sunny day whilst your neighbour is having a family BBQ.
Is your frontage not up to scratch LD? Wear clothes then!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I wonder why they make these rules?
I noticed a lot of American homes don't have borders as such. Do you think that was copied here? Their houses and gardens are, mostly, much bigger than ours so it probably doesn't notice that the neighbours are sneaking over the boundaries etc.
We thought about a park home at one point but as you say, there are so many rules and regs in place. You do get a boundary but there are restrictions on fence heights, restrictions on hanging washing out and no DIY on Sundays. They can also move you to another site without warning. The fencing rule is something to do with fire regulations and the same goes for garden sheds. I think they have to be made from metal.

Sorry, that's a bit off topic but they remind me of the American homes.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-04-2019, 01:13 PM

I will give you a laugh,..but really it's not funny,...a neighbour that I pass on my travels,is a compulsive obsessive cleaner,she's worse than me,..her frontage is absolutely immaculate,...next door,..you have never seen such a tip!..and...wait for it.

They have white stones all the way along the edging of their garden,and they are everywhere!..I swear they play with them!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-04-2019, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I will give you a laugh,..but really it's not funny,...a neighbour that I pass on my travels,is a compulsive obsessive cleaner,she's worse than me,..her frontage is absolutely immaculate,...next door,..you have never seen such a tip!..and...wait for it.

They have white stones all the way along the edging of their garden,and they are everywhere!..I swear they play with them!
Oh dear.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 03:53 PM

We have a shared garden, we keep it locked up to keep the riffraff out.

.....I wish.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We have a shared garden, we keep it locked up to keep the riffraff out.

.....I wish.
Looks a bit like my friends place.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top