Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 06:20 PM

Re: Chris Packham and the Countryside Aliance

Why are some so up in arms because now and then, very rarely, a crow will attack a lamb.
Remember some years ago the cruelest deed ever carried out against an animal was caused by MAN. I am talking about myxomatosis. I have seen these poor creatures that had this terrible decease sitting on the side of roads, blind, in terrible pain and shivering as their blood was turned to water, huge swellings on their heads. I have seen grown men and women crying their eyes out on seeing these poor creatures suffering.
All creatures have as much right to live their lives as we have. Yes, culls have to be carried out in some cases but most are carried out in the name of 'sport'
How on earth can one wild animal being chased by a pack of dogs and people on horse back be called a sport. The poor creature stands no chance. If it goes to earth then it is dug out and thrown to the dogs still alive.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 07:14 PM

I'm not a fan of Packham but I'm no fan of the CA either so I can't really sign either of them.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Why are some so up in arms because now and then, very rarely, a crow will attack a lamb.
Remember some years ago the cruelest deed ever carried out against an animal was caused by MAN. I am talking about myxomatosis. I have seen these poor creatures that had this terrible decease sitting on the side of roads, blind, in terrible pain and shivering as their blood was turned to water, huge swellings on their heads. I have seen grown men and women crying their eyes out on seeing these poor creatures suffering.
All creatures have as much right to live their lives as we have. Yes, culls have to be carried out in some cases but most are carried out in the name of 'sport'
How on earth can one wild animal being chased by a pack of dogs and people on horse back be called a sport. The poor creature stands no chance. If it goes to earth then it is dug out and thrown to the dogs still alive.
If you mean Fox hunting, I despise it with a passion and then some.
If one of those red coated horse riding toffs ever gets near me, they'd be on their backs a bit sharpish.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
If you mean Fox hunting, I despise it with a passion and then some.
If one of those red coated horse riding toffs ever gets near me, they'd be on their backs a bit sharpish.
You mean ''Pink'' surely?

I agree, all Bolly and trumpets.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:14 PM

Isn't hunting with hounds illegal? Chwis Pakham certainly should be.

I'll pop out tomorrow and see how many songbird chicks and eggs the magpies have killed this year.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You mean ''Pink'' surely?
Only if they are tailored by Mr Pink
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->

I'll pop out tomorrow and see how many songbird chicks and eggs the magpies have killed this year.
And how would you know?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->

Quote:

The Hunting Act 2004 (c 37) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which bans the hunting of wild mammals (notably foxes, deer, hares and mink) with dogs in England and Wales; the Act does not cover the use of dogs in the process of flushing out an unidentified wild mammal, nor does it affect drag hunting, ...

I have yet to see a hunt meeting who abides by the law though.
A good example is here, if you are interested:

https://morethanjustbadgers.net/2019/02/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He's outspoken one because he's passionate about his subject
And two because he has Aspergers Syndrome so struggles in social situations

The Countryside Alliance are the ones up themselves they just want to preserve the Countryside for a minority to hunt and shoot .

An alternative petition has been set up asking the BBC NOT to sack him .

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...-chris-packham

I agree with that, Muddy.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And how would you know?

The broken shells and dead chicks we find every year following the alarm calls of the victims.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top