Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 10:38 PM

Tell me about...

Your décor.

I'm soon to be having three rooms decorated & am stuck for colour schemes.

What are yours like? Do you have patterned wallpaper or plain painted walls?

Do you have contrasting colours or do they have to blend in?

Wood floors or carpet?

I need inspiration.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:00 PM

Re: Tell me about...

Hi carol
I’m in the midst of doing a home renovation.
Before I chose 2 main colours and added sub colours of those colours. They were harvest gold and sage green.

Now I’m going more for neutral colours. I’ve just finished painting a bedroom silver birch with white trim. I took the doors off my closet so now the room looks much bigger. The lighter colour also adds dimension to the room. It looks larger.

There is a ceiling fan/light, a closet organizer, baskets for various things, a wooden dresser with mirror, bed and wooden night table.

The floors are 3/4 inch solid maple throughout.

The other colour I have is a light grey and it looks very clean & classy. I got top quality paint in eggshell

Now I’m working on the hallway but the foyer has been repainted with a new door, new solid maple stairs with wrought iron railings.

Good luck on your redecorating. It’s a lot of work but so worth it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:01 PM

I'm useless at this sort of thing Carol.

All I know is I like 'soft' colours that relax me. I quite like soft greens and creams.
My front room has soft roses on the curtains, kitchen has one wall of trees (but subtle, not huge ones). I love nature.

My bedroom needs redecorating, but if I ever get round to it it might be creams/soft pink/lilac/green - maybe some subtle florals even, dunno yet.

I certainly don't like anything bright and gaudy.

Not much help really, am I.

I think colours are a bit like perfumes in the way that it is a very personal choice. My choices would probably not be anyone else's at all.
My son likes a lot of grey and black! Gives me the willies it does! Feels like sitting in an undertakers office!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:02 PM

Wood floors truly are cleaner and if you have any type of allergies will help greatly. They are much easier to maintain also especially as a senior.

I agree with Mups; colours are very personal. Often what I’ve done in the past is pick out a comforter and then pick out the colours from there.

My silver birch is such a light soft colour. I may post pics later
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:03 PM

Carol, I am boring! Just magnolia everywhere!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2019, 11:04 PM

No point me saying anything, my house is stuck in the 80's. The bedroom is the only more modern one & that was done in the 90's.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 08:37 AM

Me and my mate sue painted my bedroom together it was fun , the walls are cornish ice cream

Yes and the rest of the house is different creams

I need my lounge doing especially below the daydo rail so it will be a cream again

You see when i moved in here my lounge was bright orange below the daydo rail and bright yellow above , i lived with it for 4 years

My bedroom was bright peacock blue and bright yellow , i lived with it for years .

Now i love creams
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 08:44 AM

I’ve recently broken out of the magnolia mode I’ve been in for 30+ yrs.
Gone for Dulux Timeless it’s even lighter not quite a white .
I’m sure other makes or available
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 09:12 AM

I' ve gone for a coastal theme in my lounge, New England, Scandinavian colours, driftwood paint effects. Greys, white, blues and beiges with a small splash of colour in pictures and a few ornaments.
Blue and white striped throws and nautical themed cushions. All very cheap but I like them.
Waiting to do flooring, possibly "driftwood" planks or flagstone look flooring with a "faded" vintage rug .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 09:22 AM

My sitting room is two walls mustard three walls grey,accessories also make a room,I like pops of colour.

Not to everyone's taste of course.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	9409  

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top