Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 02:59 PM

Embarrassing, stupid things

Have you ever done anything ridiculously silly and ended up feeling embarrassed by your actions?

Our hot water and heating packed up working. I checked the boiler, upped the water pressure switch and still got and error reading. My wife rang the heating engineer this morning and they came round this afternoon to look at said boiler. Meanwhile I was ringing their office for quotes on a new boiler and looking into ways of finding the funds to pay for it.

After a check he then went to the cupboard under the stairs where the gas meter is and straight away noticed it was turned off.

The outcome?....I had knocked the on/off lever whilst putting the Hoover away at the weekend and turned the gas off! Red-faced, yes, but at least it hasn't cost us a fortune!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:00 PM

Re: Embarrassing, stupid things

Oops Floydy
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oops Floydy
Yes Mags, quite...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes Mags, quite...
I hope Mrs Floydy was gentle with you when she found out the good news!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hope Mrs Floydy was gentle with you when she found out the good news!
I haven't told her yet, Mags. Expecting her home any moment....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:10 PM

I'm sure we have had our moments.
One of the parks where we used to walk was infested with illegal bikers, mostly on stolen dirt bikes. I confronted a few.

One day I saw riding the the woods. I strode over to them to berate them for their illegal activity - only to discover they were police officers trying to flush out the dirt bikers.....
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:24 PM

I have a spare smallish chest freezer in the understair cupboard, where the washing liquid is kept, putting those back one day i mustve knocked the plug turning off the freezer,
As the next morning all was defrosted,
So phoned hubby at work saying it mustve broke & defrosted overnight as all food was spoiled, & the laminate too,
I ordered a new freezer from Argos....only to find when he came home that the plug (half under a shelf) just needed a push in !! we swapped freezers over & the old one is in the shed with any extra's and fish baits in !!
How embarrassing !
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:40 PM

Some time ago, the nearside electric window of my car stopped working.
I assumed it was an electrical fault, but for various reasons I couldn't do anything about it for several months, which was a pain in the summer.

Anyway, eventually the time came for the car's annual service, so I put the window on the list of stuff to do.

When the car came back, I was told that child safety switch for the window had been flicked, preventing it from being opened.

I didn't even know where this switch was! Oh well, at least they didn't charge me for a non-existent repair!
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I haven't told her yet, Mags. Expecting her home any moment....
Just say you were having a blonde moment, that should help !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 03:59 PM

Don't be too tough on yourself Floydy, we all do it from time to time myself included....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top