Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 01:46 AM

Re: Embarrassing, stupid things

I was walking home and my mate stopped to pick me up.I got in and said something like "how are you,you old bastard?".
It wasn't him,just some bloke in the same sort of car,parking outside his house.He did see the funny side of it.Fortunately it wasn't his wife:screams,police,etc....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by psmith ->
i was walking home and my mate stopped to pick me up.i got in and said something like "how are you,you old bastard?".
It wasn't him,just some bloke in the same sort of car,parking outside his house.he did see the funny side of it.fortunately it wasn't his wife:screams,police,etc....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Have you ever done anything ridiculously silly and ended up feeling embarrassed by your actions?
Yes Floydy. It’s my life theme but glad this worked out.
It’s really no biggie.
Don’t sweat the small stuff.
But glad it worked out.
Everything seems to in the end.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I was walking home and my mate stopped to pick me up.I got in and said something like "how are you,you old bastard?".
It wasn't him,just some bloke in the same sort of car,parking outside his house.He did see the funny side of it.Fortunately it wasn't his wife:screams,police,etc....
Hahaha. Psmith. Oh dear
That’s another thing altogether now .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:43 AM

When I bought my first Peugeot, I took it back to the dealers under warranty because the radio kept flicking from station to station. Baffled, the dealers (main dealers) removed the radio and sent it off to Sony to be looked at.

Several weeks later, it came back but they couldn't find anything wrong with it, so they reinstalled it and said if it happens again, to take it back to them. It was then that I actually read the operating instructions and realised that the Traffic Report function was switched on which meant it went to other stations when a report was given. It was just doing what it was meant to do.

The amazing thing is that the dealers didn't realise.
Runningwild
New Member!
South East
Runningwild is male 

03-05-2019, 07:45 PM

Yes my wife not only embarrassed me it also cost me £50!

Having moved into the countryside in 1988 for the first time and unbeknown to me she contacted Rentokill.

She freaked one afternoon when she was moving some rotten wood and found a nest of woodlice. Fearing that they might attack her or invade the home she promptly demanded someone come down and eradicate the nasty blighters.
I heard the story when I arrived home from work in the evening listening to my wife explain that she wanted to move back into the city!!
She explained that we are infested with wood eating animals and that RentoKill had told her that she should learn to live with them
Then she presented me with an invoice for £50 for that advice.
I would imagine that the agent went away laughing at that call out as well as making a quick buck along the way.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Runningwild ->
Yes my wife not only embarrassed me it also cost me £50!

Having moved into the countryside in 1988 for the first time and unbeknown to me she contacted Rentokill.

She freaked one afternoon when she was moving some rotten wood and found a nest of woodlice. Fearing that they might attack her or invade the home she promptly demanded someone come down and eradicate the nasty blighters.
I heard the story when I arrived home from work in the evening listening to my wife explain that she wanted to move back into the city!!
She explained that we are infested with wood eating animals and that RentoKill had told her that she should learn to live with them
Then she presented me with an invoice for £50 for that advice.
I would imagine that the agent went away laughing at that call out as well as making a quick buck along the way.
Aw! Bless!

Let's hope she doesn't meet any stag beetles, then!

(By the way, best let her know they are a protected species! )
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:07 PM

A fellow golfer went to the wrong funeral.

Down here you turn up at the cemetery and there's a different funeral about every half hour.

When he met up with the lads, back at the club, they asked him why he wasn't there - he said he was there and pointed out the time - which was that of the previous funeral.

He even went to the reception!!

Played his cards close to his chest - and nobody appeared to notice!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Don't be too tough on yourself Floydy, we all do it from time to time myself included....
I don"t . lol,lol
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 11:51 PM

I like to remind a friend of this.When he was very young he had to take his injured brother to hospital.He helped him in,blood everywhere,to receive a very confused reception at the front desk.The girl in the General Accident insurance office was not trained for such an emergency.Anyway, they did get to the local A&E eventually.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top