Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 05:42 AM

Re: Embarrassing, stupid things

I do embarrassing things like it's my career.

I once got into an identical-but-not-mine car. It was a slow burn of a few seconds - not my cup in the holder, not my things in the seat, what is that hanging from the mirror...gasp! The horror! The owners saw me and initially thought I was rifling through it, but just as fast, they could tell be my embarrassed expression and speed of exit that I had made a terrible mistake. By the time they got to the car, they were crying with laughter. I was mortified and effusively apologetic as I flailed and backed away at the speed of light.

At a lovely evening lawn party, I was telling stories with a few friends and the boards of the dock rotted beneath me and sent me tumbling into the bay. Brand new cocktail dress and big hair became a tragic, sopping mess. I still suffer from the retellings

The grandmother of them all was when I seemingly told everyone about having terrible hot flashes that strangely only happened while I was taking my kids to school or other other places. I attributed my overheating to everything from coffee with cream to the general stresses of parenthood.

After enduring several months with the same odd pattern, I reached down to pick up something off the floor of the car and noticed a lighted picture of a chair...

I had spent the entire summer driving around with the heated seats (that I didn't even know I had) in the on position .

Ever a moment away from disaster (and sending everyone around me in paroxysms of laughter) am I.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 06:25 AM

It's going to be hard for anyone to beat the hot seat story
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I like to remind a friend of this.When he was very young he had to take his injured brother to hospital.He helped him in,blood everywhere,to receive a very confused reception at the front desk.The girl in the General Accident insurance office was not trained for such an emergency.Anyway, they did get to the local A&E eventually.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 09:58 AM

I was waiting for my girlfriend outside her office, in my car. Suddenly, this woman, unknown to me, came running out, jumped in the car, said 'Hello' and put her seatbelt on. When she realised she was in the wrong car, she got out quicker than she got in. Shame really, she was rather nice.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was waiting for my girlfriend outside her office, in my car. Suddenly, this woman, unknown to me, came running out, jumped in the car, said 'Hello' and put her seatbelt on. When she realised she was in the wrong car, she got out quicker than she got in. Shame really, she was rather nice.
What did your girlfriend think?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-05-2019, 09:57 PM

Walking around a well known department store today, we saw our new next door neighbour. She only moved in two weeks ago so we haven't had much of a conversation as yet. Anway, she smiled and said 'Hello'. 'Hello' we replied, do you work here? 'Yes' she said. Mrs LD went on to tell her that we had just bought a new lamp and some coffee pods and we were now off to another shop to buy one of those squirty mops etc etc. Then we asked her if she had enjoyed her weekend and she said she had. 'Really nice to see you' we said ' see you later.'

As we walked away, I looked down at her name tag and guess what.....it wasn't her.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top