Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 11:28 AM

Re: Dogs, are they psychic?

I'm going to train Dolly to look cute and warn me when bearded men are about!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm going to train Dolly to look cute and warn me when bearded men are about!

Better still, train her to retrieve one or two as well.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 11:44 AM

When I take Jack to the field,Tess,

I spend at least 20mins,throwing the ball for him,with a hand held launcher.

When I put the launcher down,he knows it's time to go in and plonks himself down in the middle of the field and won't move!.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:40 PM

Psychic?

I don't know. Certainly their senses are much more acute than humans and they learn. Ours knows when he is going for a walk and when we are going out and he isn't invited. I haven't worked out what clues him in.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, Bratti. And like I said earlier, our minds are too clogged with advancing technology now to bother about basic instincts.

I have a book on this subject here somewhere, and it lists many cases of dogs psychic abilities.
That’s right. Most of us lost our use of it from being too distracted and not believing it even existed in the first place but we all have a 6th sense. Dogs and other animals still use theirs.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Psychic?

I don't know. Certainly their senses are much more acute than humans and they learn. Ours knows when he is going for a walk and when we are going out and he isn't invited. I haven't worked out what clues him in.
His 6th sense and body language.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
His 6th sense and body language.
I'm sure he picks up on clues. If he knows he is going, he sits down by the front door. Otherwise he flops down in the hallway.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

05-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I'm sure he picks up on clues. If he knows he is going, he sits down by the front door. Otherwise he flops down in the hallway.
As do ours. They just know. We went to a funeral yesterday.
They knew they weren’t going and didn’t even try to look like they wanted to go. It would have been pointless which they already knew.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
When I take Jack to the field,Tess,

I spend at least 20mins,throwing the ball for him,with a hand held launcher.

When I put the launcher down,he knows it's time to go in and plonks himself down in the middle of the field and won't move!.

If I go into the kitchen, Dolly follows, just in case there's food involved. If I go into the kitchen to get her brush, she vanishes, how does she know? I try to pretend I'm going for another reason but she still does it!
I have to be really sneaky and move it when she's not around then hide it until I can nab her!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 04:03 PM

My parents' dog would often sit in the window and start whining when she knew my Dad was within a mile from home, in his car. I'm sure she could hear the tone of his engine several streets away.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top