Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:32 AM

A lovely Lady.

Hi

I had to pick up some Meds yesterday.

There was a problem.

The young lady who served me was heavily tattooed , weird dyed hair and nose and eyebrow rings.

She was an absolute gem, knew her stuff and got it sorted straight away.

Life is changing folks, accept it.

My new Heart Consultant has a dyed top knot and looks young enough to be my son.

He is however brilliant.

Life moves on, accept it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:47 AM

Re: A lovely Lady.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I had to pick up some Meds yesterday.

There was a problem.

The young lady who served me was heavily tattooed , weird dyed hair and nose and eyebrow rings.

She was an absolute gem, knew her stuff and got it sorted straight away.

Life is changing folks, accept it.

My new Heart Consultant has a dyed top knot and looks young enough to be my son.

He is however brilliant.

Life moves on, accept it.
I do, I do!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:51 AM

As long as they can do their job I really don't give a hoot what they look like. Tattooed, weird hair, ect. It's their personal business not ours.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 10:52 AM

People, mostly the younger generation go through various phases and styles. I know I did in the 70's and 80's.
It doesn't mean they are any less accommodating and friendly towards "normal" people who are straight-laced and take no chances in life.

I remember when the punk scene came along in 1976. All the grannies thought they were going to be killed because the youth of today suddenly had orange spikey hair lol
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 11:08 AM

'Never judge a book by its cover' – an old saying but so true in this day and age.

Also it's not necessarily the age of a person that dictates their knowledge, some people especially youngsters, take in and absorb knowledge like sponges. The older person my have more experience which is always a help but not necessarily more knowledge.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:53 PM

I used to use a builder's merchant in Nottingham who's yard foreman was an absolute punk, with mohican haircut, half a dozen face piercings and a body covered in tattoos, in fact if you saw him in the street you would cross over to avoid him, but he was one of the nicest people you could hope to meet and had a knowledge of his yard and products second to none.

My only wonder about these people is why on earth they do such things to themselves in the first place...
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:00 PM

I could name a lot of infamous people who....well, we all know Harold Shipman for one !! Doctor trusted by all, straight laced, no tatts ect....i rest my case.
Never judge a doctor by his lack of tatts, or dyed hair.

Or a person by their individuality !
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I used to use a builder's merchant in Nottingham who's yard foreman was an absolute punk, with mohican haircut, half a dozen face piercings and a body covered in tattoos, in fact if you saw him in the street you would cross over to avoid him, but he was one of the nicest people you could hope to meet and had a knowledge of his yard and products second to none.

My only wonder about these people is why on earth they do such things to themselves in the first place...

Because it is their own individual style,

Showing to others,that they don't care what others think!

They have confidence!

They don't follow fashion.

They also like the attention that comes with it!..all in my own opinion!.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
As long as they can do their job I really don't give a hoot what they look like. Tattooed, weird hair, ect. It's their personal business not ours.
That’s right and just remember , we were young once and expressed ourselves in the ways which were appropriate to us and didn’t care whether it was acceptable or not. It didn’ t make us less intelligent or less competent.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

Hair styles and clothes can be changed - even piercings can disappear in time if all the metal is removed - but tattoos are forever. I dread to think what some of them will look like in 30+ years time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top