Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:14 PM

How Cheeky Are You?

When l think about it, l don’t know how l had the nerve to do it!

I have been looking everywhere for the old fashioned orange Marigold flowers, either plants or seeds. I wanted to get some for my hens, as eating the petals improves the colour of the yolks of their eggs.
After trying so many shops and garden centres and they only had the multi petaled varieties l was starting to get desperate.

I then remembered l had seen some growing in a small front garden of a house near the town centre. So yesterday, on the spur of the moment, l drove to the house and rang the bell.

A ferocious sounding dog started to bark and no one answered the door. Then as l walked away, a heavily pregnant woman opened the door.

‘Look, l know l am being really cheeky and l swear, l am not a con woman, sizing up the joint but please could you tell me where you got your Marigolds from?’

She, replied, ‘l have just inherited this house from my aunt and we have only recently moved in, which flowers do you mean?’
I pointed to the Marigolds and said, ‘I feel really bad about this but could l have a cutting or a root of those orange ones’.

She went back into the house and came back with a scissors and trowel, went to the Marigolds and gave me a root of them.
I was so grateful and asked if she would like some eggs. She said, ‘Yes, we would’!

I went straight home, got the eggs and took them to her. I hope they’re ok to eat whilst she’s pregnant!

I really do think l had a cheek! Would you have dared to do the same?

Have you ever done something that was really cheeky?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:21 PM

Re: How Cheeky Are You?

I shouldn't worry! Marigolds spread like wildfire, so you were probably doing her a favour!

Anyway, you were polite, and you weren't asking for the earth, plus you gave her eggs!

You probably made her day!

The eggs would have been ok if she cooked them. I think it's only raw eggs you have to be careful of in pregnancy
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:22 PM

If you don't ask, you don't get.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:34 PM

No I don't think it was cheeky at all lol. You could have snuck back and pinched a root after dark.....Now that would have been cheeky.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

THATS what you call cheeky!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
No I don't think it was cheeky at all lol. You could have snuck back and pinched a root after dark.....Now that would have been cheeky.
Exactly!!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree, I don't think that's cheeky at all, I'd have done the same!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

When I said those same words to you recently Judster, you told me you were taught the opposite! "If you ask - you don't get."
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
When I said those same words to you recently Judster, you told me you were taught the opposite! "If you ask - you don't get."
My mum used to quote, "Those who ask don't get, those who don't ask don't want"...work that one out!!!
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 12:39 PM

No i wouldnt ask anything at all, i will give happily if asked tho.
However my husband would....we too have some lovely plants/bushes he asked for cuttings of and then took them some lupins or whatever he was growing in the greenhouse round to them !!
But no i wouldnt ask...might hint tho.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top