Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Re: Are we being manipulated (forced) into a cashless society?

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
What's the difference - as you see it?
The difference as l see it, Besoeker, is that there will be
NO cash at all eventually, to draw!

Regards Donkeyman!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 10:52 PM

Can't envisage a time when old folks won't need a Tenner.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 11:25 PM

They're going to live forever? I'd give it 10 years.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 05:01 AM

I don't have a problem with going cashless, but I do think there are some inherent risks of doing so. Bringing down economies that are wholly operating in cyberspace will be the weaponry of the future.

Having a little cash is always a good idea, but it has been made obsolete too (as you all well know) or drastically weakened because of hyperinflation, so there is something to be said about the importance of holding concrete assets - land, metal, etc. - as we move towards becoming cashless. The problem with land is that it tends to be hard to hide, and you can't carry it with you.

A friend of mine who is a bank vice president says that there will be no branch banks in less than a generation.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
What's the difference - as you see it?
1) I prefer to use cash - I feel more in control. I know exactly how much is in my purse before I begin shopping, I keep my receipts and balance the books when I reach home. Clean slate ready for the next day. This is a recently acquired regime - and it works very well.

I am - was - not the world's greatest at managing money and found that just using a debit card to pay for things it was too easy to lose track.

2) I refuse to be forced into doing things - which is what is happening with banking at the moment. In the days when cash was the only option banks were safe. In comes 'technology' and - Oh look - my account has been hacked twice in 12 months. When they make things more secure I may reconsider. For now I will 'do it my way'.

3) I quite like being a Dinosaur.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 06:51 AM

We can all see where its heading, spose we'll just have to accept it, don't mean you've got to be Appy about it though.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:15 AM

There will always be gold.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There will always be gold.
Not necessarily in the UK though, as a certain politician some 10 years' ago thought otherwise:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-5billion.html
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

How come if the country belongs to its inhabitants things seem to happen under our noses that nobody wants - Driverless Vehicles, Cashless societies,
On what basis do assert that nobody wants these?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

07-05-2019, 12:08 PM

Some folks don't but its commin anyway.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top