Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:07 AM

Re: Television presenters

Oh I really enjoy Lucy Worsley's programmes! I love her style!

And Ruth Goodman, too!

I'd always watch anything with them in.

I did like Bethany Hughes too, but haven't seen her recently. (Only in repeats).
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Oh I really enjoy Lucy Worsley's programmes! I love her style!

And Ruth Goodman, too!

I did like Bethany Hughes too, but haven't seen her recently. (Only in repeats).
BIB - obviously, you are one of those who prefer style over content ....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Mups....

Of course they should have a job Mups....
Serving tables in Nandos!.....

I shall have to slap your legs for that one Foxy!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Why on earth does the BBC continue to wheel out the likes of Gloria Hunniford, Angela Rippon and Julia Somerville with their dated, condescending presenting style. They have no credibility and clearly know nothing about the topics they spout on about and are decades past their sell by dates.
They don't have to know, all any of them do is read from the 'idiot boards' in front of them giving the information – 'money for old rope' really as the saying goes. Our money too!

Edited to change smilies, originally the wrong ones were used!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
BIB - obviously, you are one of those who prefer style over content ....
Er, no!
It's the content that is so interesting. However, their style of presenting is such that they make it even more interesting.

I speak as one who hated, loathed and detested history at school, because all the 100-year-old teacher did was write lists and list of dates on the blackboard, and make us copy them down. I couldn't wait to give it up.

It's only because of presenters like those two who can bring those societies to life that I have become interested in the past.

Well, that and gorgeous Vikings as in The Last Kingdom, of course.

There's one historian who presents a few things, but for the life of me I can't remember his name. I can't watch anything with him in it, because he was an expert on a cultural holiday I went on once, and he was a totally arrogant so-and-so, right up himself. I can't stand him.
Yuk.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Er, no!
It's the content that is so interesting. However, their style of presenting is such that they make it even more interesting.
That's not what you said .....

This is what you said:

Presumably, then, the content is irrelevant .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:37 AM

Has anybody considered that the criticized presenters are just doing the job they are paid to do.
You are the customer so the only way to protest, if you don't like them, is to stop watching their programmes.
If we all did that then the BBC would see viewing numbers reduce and get rid of the people we don't like.
What you have to remember though, is the majority of viewers may not agree with you.

I don't always like some of the people who work in the supermarket, but I like what they sell in that particular supermarket so it is my choice to shop there!

I doubt if 100% of customers, at the bank where I used to work, thought I was wonderful but the majority liked me so I was never sacked. Why not ask yourself whether all the people you worked with, or for, were totally happy with your performance.... before you suggest that the people you don't personally like, on TV, should be sacked?
Pyxell
South of England

07-05-2019, 11:42 AM

That's not what you said .....

This is what you said:

Presumably, then, the content is irrelevant .....
Don't be silly.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

07-05-2019, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Has anybody considered that the criticized presenters are just doing the job they are paid to do.
OVERpaid .....

You are the customer so the only way to protest, if you don't like them, is to stop watching their programmes.
I have stopped .....

If we all did that then the BBC would see viewing numbers reduce and get rid of the people we don't like.
What you have to remember though, is the majority of viewers may not agree with you.
I'm delighted to hear that - I've never been one to follow the crowd .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:50 AM

OVERpaid .....

I have stopped .....

I'm delighted to hear that - I've never been one to follow the crowd .....
Your replies demonstrate

1. That is only your opinion
2. You have tried to make a protest but failed
3. You are not one of the majority, so you just have to miss out on the programme or put up with presenters you dislike.

So it seems you agree with what I posted!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top