Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:59 AM

Re: Television presenters

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Your replies demonstrate

1. That is only your opinion
2. You have tried to make a protest but failed
3. You are not one of the majority, so you just have to miss out on the programme or put up with presenters you dislike.

So it seems you agree with what I posted!
Of course it's my opnion .....

I've not failed - I've benefited from looking elsewhere .....

I will ALWAYS miss out on a program if the "presenter" is one of those "preen" themselves .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Of course it's my opnion .....

I've not failed - I've benefited from looking elsewhere .....

I will ALWAYS miss out on a program if the "presenter" is one of those "preen" themselves .....
Then I think we agree on what I posted!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Eye candy for us blokes on the forum Ray....

However, when Vanessa Phelps sits in for Jeremy Vine I have to turn off my radio..... Her voice gives me the willies!...
Isn't she awful, Bob?
She's on at 6am in the morning when I'm driving home. She rants on with those sanctimonious monologues of hers which are completely nonsensical and narcissistic. How on earth this horrendous frumpy woman is still around to spout her claptrap is beyond me.

I don't those three said presenters above, but they are merely there as that and have no knowledge of their subject - they just have a script.

I must say though that the worst of this so-called feminine-led fad at the moment are those female sports presenters such as Sally and that cross-eyed girl on the BBC sofa in the mornings. They come on the TV with one arm casually resting on the back of the sofa trying to imply that they everything and anything about every perceivable variation of sport there is to know about. They are led by the autocue and without that their heads would simply vacuumise and become empty voids filled with nothing but air.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:27 PM

I don't mind Gloria Honeybun, or Julia. It's the other one who grates on me, when she OVERstates a word, or leaves long pauses between them. She probably does it for emphasis but it doesn't work with me.

Angela Ripoff. That's the one.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Why on earth does the BBC continue to wheel out the likes of Gloria Hunniford, Angela Rippon and Julia Somerville with their dated, condescending presenting style. They have no credibility and clearly know nothing about the topics they spout on about and are decades past their sell by dates.
Strangely enough, I switched on the telly this morning, just as their show was coming to an end, and was struck by how well worn they all were. I called my wife to have a shufty, and she said, "Why do they all have them weird, blown up hairstyles, with tons of hairspray!?" One demurred from comment!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Strangely enough, I switched on the telly this morning, just as their show was coming to an end, and was struck by how well worn they all were. I called my wife to have a shufty, and she said, "Why do they all have them weird, blown up hairstyles, with tons of hairspray!?" One demurred from comment!!
I bet they don't look like that when they get out of bed, John
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I bet they don't look like that when they get out of bed, John
I would'nt know Floydy, they have never asked me to join them!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
– Snip –

I don't those three said presenters above, but they are merely there as that and have no knowledge of their subject - they just have a script.

– Snip –

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
They don't have to know, all any of them do is read from the 'idiot boards' in front of them giving the information – 'money for old rope' really as the saying goes. Our money too!
@Floydy
How about the above (from my post #14) for a more relevant description of their 'script'?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 03:47 PM

I quite like Joanne Fletcher, particularly her programmes on Egypt. Ok, she needs a wash and a haircut but she just tells it how it was in simple words, no elaborating and no clever words. Plus she says 'P*** & S***' a lot.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-05-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
@Floydy
How about the above (from my post #14) for a more relevant description of their 'script'?
Yes Baz, I'd agree with you there. They are simply faces to relay news to us. What I'm getting at is that some of them are not impartial and take it upon themselves to make us believe that they are experts on the subject they are talking about - which they invariably are not.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top