Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:27 PM

The Facts Of Life?

Back, in the very early 1950s, my father turned up, on leave from the RN, and asked me out for a walk down the Prom at our seaside home.

I think he'd been set up, by my mother, to do the job - which was to explain, to me, the facts of life. She may have heard the lads talking or maybe she found one of those girly mags hidden!

He wasn't very good at it as he simply told me to "Keep it Clean & watch what you do with it".

He was much more embarrassed than I was.

But it was good advice - I think.

Some OFF posters may have more comprehensive tuition?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Re: The Facts Of Life?

I wasn't told the facts of life by my parents, I sort of found out myself. Apart from learning about it in Human Biology lessons at school it became common sense where it went, how long the squelching lasted for and when to remove it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I wasn't told the facts of life by my parents, I sort of found out myself. Apart from learning about it in Human Biology lessons at school it became common sense where it went, how long the squelching lasted for and when to remove it
Nicely put Floydy......
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

Please Mr Floydy, what do you mean?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nicely put Floydy......
Do we need to know any more, Bob?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:49 PM

You didn't discuss things like that in our house.

We were given a book The 15+ Facts of Life when we asked where babies came from. We were a damn sight younger than 15 and it was way over our heads.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:04 PM

There's no point putting it over your head, surely that's not right at all
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:11 PM

When I was twelve I asked my mother and she told me.

With sketches she drew as she explained. But more than the mechanics she also explained mature relationships and where, when, and why sex became an item.

I'd been hearing bits and pieces at school and had parents with whom anything could be discussed. I guess I was lucky.

I do remember my first though. It's something a person never forgets.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

07-05-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
There's no point putting it over your head, surely that's not right at all
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:24 PM

There are no facts, its all supposition, that is the beauty of it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top