Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 05:30 AM

Re: The Facts Of Life?

I remember asking my father at tea time, when I was 8 or 9, how babies got into tummies, etc.

He explained that the mummy had an egg in her tummy and the daddy had a seed and the egg and seed got together and grew into the baby.

That sounded fine to me, but after a bit of thought, I asked: "But how does the seed get to the egg?"

At that point, my father decided that teatime was over, and he left the room!

A year or two later, my mother gave me a useless booklet wittering on about birds and other animals, but not actually telling me anything.

In the end it was a combination of a cousin and friends telling me bits and pieces.

Parents can be useless at times!

I don't remember having any sex education at school at all. If I did, it was only about animals and didn't go into specifics.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:43 AM

I sort of remember something about Birds and the Bees, it would have been more useful to know about Birds and the Blokes.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:48 AM

i was never taught the facts of life either. I was desperate to learn in biology but for some reason it was considered more important to cut open a frog, which certainly taught me never to **** off a vivisectionist.

I do remember asking my mum why some children look like their fathers when it was the mothers who gave birth - I was 23 at the time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 07:05 AM

I think the lads bought some Cine Film on the subject to School, but the Teacher refused to play it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 07:29 AM

Born on a farm, I saw sheep & cows bonking (artificial insemination too), lambs & calves entering the world, and I was still a toddler. The human factor wasn't difficult to work out.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 07:30 AM

It is a sad fact that we are all embarrassed & treat sex as something that is dirty.

Why are we so afraid to talk seriously about intimate body parts ( after all most of us will joke about them)? If we could find out why, then perhaps chats about the facts of life would become everyday conversation, rather than embarrassed talks that we would all prefer not to have!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 07:37 AM

I went to all girls schools I remember our sex education lesson taught to us by the a school nurse consisted of washing a plastic baby in a bath....there was no mention of how the we actually got the baby just of how to bath it when it arrived....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 07:41 AM

My Parents never told me anything, I just learnt from other kids at School. We did have a cartoon film on Sex, but it was useless, you saw a Man and a Woman, next thing you know she has a big stomach and then a baby. We also had a film of VD.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

08-05-2019, 07:45 AM

What did Val Doonican have to do with it?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What did Val Doonican have to do with it?
Didn't he sing

Oh the birds and the bees and the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs where the blue birds sing
In the big rock candy mountain...

About sums up my sex education

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top