Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Re: Is your fate written on the wall?

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Absolutely NOT! If that was the case, what would be the point in even being here and trying? The greatest gift we have is our free will which is our ability to make the right choices for ourselves.
And sometimes the wrong ones............
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
And sometimes the wrong ones............
Absolutely.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Don’t even put even entertain that thought or give it any energy.

You’ve got a great personality so will always attract loving people to help you out.

See!
If Tess won't have me, I'll stow away on a ship to Canada.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:54 PM

Broken recored here, but since my daughter became profoundly ill in 2012, I have looked at the world differently. Before that, I was more or less wandering through life happily, taking what came my way. Since then, I have awakened every morning akin to what it would be like to open a door to discover hallway engulfed with flames. Every morning I sling that door open roar right through it with an attitude towards the universe and fate or God or whatever with an attitude of, "Oh no, you don't!!!! I am ready for the fight, and in the same time, savoring every single precious, joyous moment and thing. The whole of existence leaves me in a constant state of wonder, and even more so that everything goes so exquisitely - right.

Fate? If so, what a hand every single one of us was dealt! We can fold, or we play the hand well, even helping the outcomes of others. I have heard some argue that there is no free will, but I'm not caving in that easily. I am all in....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Broken recored here, but since my daughter became profoundly ill in 2012, I have looked at the world differently. Before that, I was more or less wandering through life happily, taking what came my way. Since then, I have awakened every morning akin to what it would be like to open a door to discover hallway engulfed with flames. Every morning I sling that door open roar right through it with an attitude towards the universe and fate or God or whatever with an attitude of, "Oh no, you don't!!!! I am ready for the fight, and in the same time, savoring every single precious, joyous moment and thing. The whole of existence leaves me in a constant state of wonder, and even more so that everything goes so exquisitely - right.

Fate? If so, what a hand every single one of us was dealt! We can fold, or we play the hand well, even helping the outcomes of others. I have heard some argue that there is no free will, but I'm not caving in that easily. I am all in....
An excellent post, Surfermom. I understand completely
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't understand, Floydy?

Looking in where? Is this something coming on telly?
Forget it Mups. Doesn't matter. Nothing really does.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Forget it Mups. Doesn't matter. Nothing really does.

Sorry Floydy, I think I've misunderstood haven't I.

It was your "looking in" that confused me. I thought it was a programme coming.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-05-2019, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry Floydy, I think I've misunderstood haven't I.

It was your "looking in" that confused me. I thought it was a programme coming.
I was about to leave last night due to things I was unhappy with. I've said my piece and it's sorted now thanks.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I was about to leave last night due to things I was unhappy with. I've said my piece and it's sorted now thanks.
I hope you also made your peace with whatever it was that troubled/irked you.
I like this forum.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-05-2019, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I hope you also made your peace with whatever it was that troubled/irked you.
I like this forum.
I like this forum too.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top