Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:34 PM

Re: No GP appointment – an explanation perhaps?

I'm lucky here, I can get an appointment on the same day, but further down the road they are waiting for one month before getting an appointment, I wonder what my new GP Surgery will be like.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 03:07 PM

I am treading in deep water here, but since we are ever debating universal healthcare over here, how can you have universal healthcare - and not get treated? Just further down the General Chat page is another thread about a boy who came over here to get treatment for a rare form of cancer, because it was not covered by the NHS.

It worries me that as we try to help people over here, the dire predictions of "universal" healthcare (two few doctors, long waits, wasted money, not having enough say in one's treatment plan) are slowly coming to fruition in the nations that have it. Is the NHS the medical version of participation in the EU?

What are your thoughts?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
No comparison. Switzerland has a population of 8 million. UK has an increased population of 5 million since 2004.. to 65 million
Wouldn't have anything to do with it. Funny how everyone wants to live in the UK ! Wonder why ?
There's damm few Swiss would even think about coming to the UK for medical treatment!

As for population, the absolute number is unimportant, it's the different system that's important.

As for wanting to live in the UK - simples!

The silly welfare state!

No need to work, free health care, free housing, free food if you spend what tax payer money on non essentials, in some cases free car, free transport, free education, in short live well and live free!

Meanwhile we established Brits pay for the effin lot for them.

There's far too many sacred cows in this country. The herd should be culled.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Try this for details :-

https://www.swisshealth.ch/en/ueber-...heitswesen.php
First line.... you HAVE to pay for health insurance....stopped reading after that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 06:41 PM

We pay for health insurance here too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top