Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 04:05 PM

Re: You Have Four Minutes to Dial That Phone Number

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You should've seen us trying to book in at Heathrow!!!
A nice lady with an iPad took pity on us and came over to help and we were "done" in a few seconds!!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You may be fortunate enough to have a hands free phone in your car, but many are not, and they are the people who are most likely to have a fall in the dark , or get worried & need to contact somebody. Those are the people I care about!
My opinion is based on my professional knowledge and experience but let that pass.

I carry a mobile phone at my wife's insistence. I walk a lot and she worried about me being out after dark and being mugged or whatever. I don't carry valuables around except maybe that phone. And a fabulous watch that cost me all of fifteen squid. My black and white minder goes with me.

Would you want to argue with him?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
My opinion is based on my professional knowledge and experience but let that pass.

I carry a mobile phone at my wife's insistence. I walk a lot and she worried about me being out after dark and being mugged or whatever. I don't carry valuables around except maybe that phone. And a fabulous watch that cost me all of fifteen squid. My black and white minder goes with me.

Would you want to argue with him?
No he is lovely, I would prefer to stroke him!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No he is lovely, I would prefer to stroke him!
He'd lap that up...........
Yes, he is lovely. Charms people.

But I did have one b**er shout very angrily at me to get my effing dog under control. Max was instantly by my side. The guy had three dogs on leads which he claimed were guard dogs, One was a Chichuahua... or however you spell it. I took photographs of him and his "guard" dogs and that p1ssed him off even more. Made me a little suspicious.

He wanted me to move on but that evil streak in me made me sit on a low wall, Max at my feet. One of the local kids sat with me and my friendly dog.

I was telling a near neighbour about the incident. His comment.......
"I'm not a dog person but he is the most under control dog I have ever met."

I do understand that not everyone likes dogs. Some fear them. Sometimes, for good reason.

Max is just Max.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:28 PM

Unbelievable, that the two boys couldn’t suss it out!

They might have been faster using smoke signals or, using a carrier pigeon with a message strapped to its leg!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
It is amusing.Just as well there's no U Tube of me trying to turn on an iPhone.
It's really funny.

Yes, I'm the same, I'd get a few YouTube hits showing me trying to change the tv channel with my landline phone which was also lying on the coffee table..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:54 PM

That's almost unbelievable!

These youngsters are not as clever as they thought!

Doesn't it make us oldies feel smug
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:58 PM

Conversely though, those young people could probably run rings round anyone who had the kind of problems some on OFF have had with computers or mobile phones. Often they do seem to have some kind of different way of thinking when it comes to technology and can find their way round modern devices and the software that runs them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You should've seen us trying to book in at Heathrow!!!
A nice lady with an iPad took pity on us and came over to help and we were "done" in a few seconds!!

Yes, but you failed to say you ended up in Almeria instead of Alicante.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top