Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:04 PM

Re: European Elections

Seeing how our PM hasn't got the bottle to tell the EU where to go, maybe if the right person gets the vote they will do it instead
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will vote against both Labour and Conservative as a protest.

I cannot vote for UKIP, they have gone far too right wing for me.

Probably Brexit.
Brexit is a party?
I thought that was UKIP...Farage?
Sorry to be so dumb, been away, haven't caught up yet!!

Edit...just googled!
All is clear now
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So do you think they will simply leave and get it over with? I have been reading one of their leaflets and it doesn't say what they intend to do.
The answer is in the name.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:38 PM

I haven't voted for anything in 8 years as for one thing I have been ill for a very long time and I had decided a long time ago that the whole system was so corrupt why bother to vote as it was pointless.

Recently I have become more interested and voted in the local elections last week.
I voted for the Libdem councillor who arrived at my door and explained to me what she had done during her time as a councillor and her plans for the future. I voted for her and her running mate, a young guy first time looking for a seat. They both won.
Not only did she come to my door but they were both at the polling station standing there in the rain. Their opponents nowhere to be seen either before or during the vote.

I want to vote in the EU election but do not know who to vote for.
I would like to work out whether to support a remain or leave party but where do I get true, reliable information I can trust to help me decide.

I think the Tories have made a half hearted attempt to help us exit.
I don't trust Corbyn at all.
The Lib dems are now a remain party so unless I want to remain I cannot vote for them and I don't particularly like or trust Farage.

I feel that voting for the Brexit party is just a protest vote as they cannot get the us out of the EU any quicker or with a better deal. The EU will only deal with our useless government not the UK MEPs.

There is no way I would vote for the Brexit party in a national election.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:40 PM

Yes, I will vote.

IMO, it is our democratic duty to vote, given that it is only in relatively recent years that everybody, EVERYBODY, male and female, has been emancipated.

However, I will be voting where my allegiances lie, which, I am afraid, is not with parties who hate the EU, or who want to leave the EU, as I deplore hypocrisy in all its forms.

To vote in an MEP who does not want to be part of the EU, but who is willing to take the income, expenses and pension rights that go with being an MEP is, in my view, not only hypocritical in the extreme, but amoral, unethical, and almost verges on the criminal.

If anybody does not agree with being in the EU, then they should, IMO, register a protest vote by spoiling their ballot paper, and not by voting for hypocrites.

I am sorry if that offends anyone; the last thing I usually like to do is offend, but some of the hypocrisy I have come across recently is too galling to keep mum about.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:45 PM

Just tried to find out who is representing which party in my area. Seems to be a lack of information who is standing and what for. Yet we are suppose to vote for who we think. What chance do we stand ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 02:47 PM

I'm going to vote for whoever I think has the interest of my family and this country in their heart, in my own opinion, no one else's.
I shall read up on them and ponder upon where their loyalties lie.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Yes, I will vote.

IMO, it is our democratic duty to vote, given that it is only in relatively recent years that everybody, EVERYBODY, male and female, has been emancipated.

However, I will be voting where my allegiances lie, which, I am afraid, is not with parties who hate the EU, or who want to leave the EU, as I deplore hypocrisy in all its forms.

To vote in an MEP who does not want to be part of the EU, but who is willing to take the income, expenses and pension rights that go with being an MEP is, in my view, not only hypocritical in the extreme, but amoral, unethical, and almost verges on the criminal.

If anybody does not agree with being in the EU, then they should, IMO, register a protest vote by spoiling their ballot paper, and not by voting for hypocrites.

I am sorry if that offends anyone; the last thing I usually like to do is offend, but some of the hypocrisy I have come across recently is too galling to keep mum about.
That's a really good point. 👍
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Yes, I will vote.

But the majority did not want to be involved in these elections. Since we are still tied into the EU we need MEP's to fight our corner and explain our position.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
But the majority did not want to be involved in these elections. Since we are still tied into the EU we need MEP's to fight our corner and explain our position.
Oh poo!

If you don't want to be in the EU, just spoil your paper!

You don't need to vote for hypocrites!
Explain your position? Poppycock!

Besides which, the majority three years ago might not be the majority at the moment. How do you know?

Edit... sorry if that all sounded rude.

I'm just so exasperated.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top