Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 09:58 AM

Re: Beckham ban

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Maybe he was just checking a text while waiting at traffic lights, and that's how/where the photos were taken?
I confess I've done that...

That is one of the worst things imo.
Send a text while at the lights, if you get an answer when the lights have changed you will look down at your phone.
Even a moments distraction can be fatal.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
That is one of the worst things imo.
Send a text while at the lights, if you get an answer when the lights have changed you will look down at your phone.
Even a moments distraction can be fatal.
Hang on a minute there!!

I didn't say "send a text" , even when sitting at a red traffic light you'd need two hands and a degree of concentration to do that. Lunacy.
All I meant was a split second to check a new text that had come in, to see the name. Doesn't even mean read it...check it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 10:08 AM

Hang on a minute there!!

I didn't say "send a text" , even when sitting at a red traffic light you'd need two hands and a degree of concentration to do that. Lunacy.
All I meant was a split second to check a new text that had come in, to see the name. Doesn't even mean read it...check it.
Hi

You are a candidate for extrajudicial execution.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are a candidate for extrajudicial execution.
Holy shit!!
I looked up the true meaning of that phrase, talk about chilling!!!

Can I have a last request before I get strung up!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Still illegal though. Even if you are parked but with the engine running, it is still illegal. The trouble with our laws is the lack of common sense.
Longy, How many of us have changed a radio station or inserted a CD whilst stopped at the traffic lights or whilst driving? You need to concentrate momentarily to do that, and it’s not classed as illegal.

Years ago, my son’s friend was driving home from work, looked down to change a cassette and knocked down a girl on a zebra crossing.
Fortunately, he was going slow at the time and the girl was ok.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, How many of us have changed a radio station or inserted a CD whilst stopped at the traffic lights or whilst driving? You need to concentrate momentarily to do that, and it’s not classed as illegal.

Years ago, my son’s friend was driving home from work, looked down to change a cassette and knocked down a girl on a zebra crossing.
Fortunately, he was going slow at the time and the girl was ok.
I agree and as I mentioned earlier, a lot of new cars now have touch screen controls which is as bad as texting imo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 10:25 AM

Holy shit!!
I looked up the true meaning of that phrase, talk about chilling!!!

Can I have a last request before I get strung up!!
Don't worry Art. I'm sure they would be satisfied with just fining you.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top