Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:37 PM

Pushy

We all dislike pushy folks, pushy parents, queue pushers, but, do we push ourselves enough?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 10:56 PM

Re: Pushy

I think Princess Michael, who is known as ‘Princess Pushy’ could advise on this thread.

Sometimes, l have to push myself as otherwise, l might just, stop!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 11:00 PM

It don't do to stop, just push on through, and, don't join the Pushy Club.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2019, 11:21 PM

When push comes to shove I usually give up.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:54 AM

I'd like to comment on a cultural level if I may. I've been to the UK, the US and Canada a number of times and stayed in each country for varying lengths of time. I can only comment on the relative "pushiness" of people there compared to Australians. Generally speaking I would rate Americans as somewhat more pushy than the Brits and Australians and the Canadians as the least pushy. Australians and Americans are more ambitious in terms of the limits they will push themselves and others to get where they want to get and impose less cultural restraints on themselves than the British do. Like .."Anybody can be president/ prime minister..all you need is to want it badly enough"... The Brits, from my point of view tend to be more satisfied with- and indeed proud of - their "place" in the world. They like and respect order, procedure and hierarchy. They take a genuine and admirable pride in whatever is their thing regardless of it's level. But they will push themselves only as far as their class and position will allow and seem less ambitious than Australians or Americans. But this is changing I know. Canadians of British origin on the other hand seem the most laid back. It seemed to me that even the ones from the big cities like Toronto and Vancouver seemed more like country people. Never did I find them pushy in any way. THe French Canadians are more French than the French though and are a totally different species..haha.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think Princess Michael, who is known as ‘Princess Pushy’ could advise on this thread.

Sometimes, l have to push myself as otherwise, l might just, stop!
Haven't heard of her for ages - is she still around?

I don't think I am pushy - but I can be determined!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'd like to comment on a cultural level if I may. I've been to the UK, the US and Canada a number of times and stayed in each country for varying lengths of time. I can only comment on the relative "pushiness" of people there compared to Australians. Generally speaking I would rate Americans as somewhat more pushy than the Brits and Australians and the Canadians as the least pushy. Australians and Americans are more ambitious in terms of the limits they will push themselves and others to get where they want to get and impose less cultural restraints on themselves than the British do. Like .."Anybody can be president/ prime minister..all you need is to want it badly enough"... The Brits, from my point of view tend to be more satisfied with- and indeed proud of - their "place" in the world. They like and respect order, procedure and hierarchy. They take a genuine and admirable pride in whatever is their thing regardless of it's level. But they will push themselves only as far as their class and position will allow and seem less ambitious than Australians or Americans. But this is changing I know. Canadians of British origin on the other hand seem the most laid back. It seemed to me that even the ones from the big cities like Toronto and Vancouver seemed more like country people. Never did I find them pushy in any way. THe French Canadians are more French than the French though and are a totally different species..haha.
What very interesting observations, Keezoy. You are, obviously, a good 'people watcher'.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 06:29 AM

Keezoy, I am sure you are right in suggesting that people are likely to be more, or less, pushy, when they are brought up in different countries, because attitudes are formed in our early years. As we gain more knowledge those attitudes may change a little, but here is a question for you.
" If any of these countries were taken over by a strict communist regime, do you think it would take long to change how pushy they were?"
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-05-2019, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
" If any of these countries were taken over by a strict communist regime, do you think it would take long to change how pushy they were?"
I would imagine - about as long as it takes to load the rifles for the firing squad, Twink!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

Good post

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top