Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 06:51 PM

Re: Pushy

Must admit, when I was young, free and single, especially living in London, I made sure I was always at the front of the office crowd. Never scared to speak up, never worried how high in office anyone was, If I wanted to make my opinion and views known, I did !! I went as far as I wanted in my career, and, could have gone further if I had really pushed myself, but it slowly dawned on me that no matter how many times one's boss or colleagues tell you they would be lost without you, if anything had happened to me, a couple of weeks later, someone else would be sitting in my office, in my chair, doing my job,(and no doubt after a few years, telling them exactly the same thing.)

So now, happily in my twilight years, I just love the peace and quiet, and the fact that I have absolutely no need to "push" myself ever again anymore.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top