Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 02:25 PM

Rich List 2019

Once again we see who is on this UK 2019 list, not just millionaires but all those billionaires!

When looking at your income, either your salary or pension, depending on your present situation, just think of the worries of having all that money, be that £ millions or £ billions – how to get more, how to keep what you have, how to stop the tax man getting what should be paid?

Possibly alright for a while, until you get used to having whatever you want, whenever you want it.

https://news.sky.com/story/who-made-...-year-11717733

If it happened to you, how do you reckon you would get on with being so rich, could you cope with it and how would you do this?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 02:58 PM

Re: Rich List 2019

There's one glaring error in that report:

Sir James Dyson and family - £12.6bn

Best-known for his Dyson vacuum cleaners, the entrepreneur owns more than 25,000 acres of land - making him a bigger landowner than the Queen.
25,000 acres isn't a lot .....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Estate

The Crown Estate, a collection of lands and holdings in the United Kingdom belonging to the British monarch, is one of the largest property managers in the United Kingdom, administering property worth £14.1 billion, with urban properties valued at £9.1 billion representing the majority of the estate by value. These include a large number of properties in central London, but the estate also controls 792,000 ha (1,960,000 acres) of agricultural land and forest and more than half of the UK's foreshore, and retains various other traditional holdings and rights, including Ascot Racecourse and Windsor Great Park. Naturally occurring gold and silver in the UK, collectively known as "Mines Royal", are managed by the Crown Estate and leased to mining operators.
Over 2,000,000 acres, certainly is .....

HM also owns 200,000 acres of land as a private owner .....
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:02 PM

Oh I'd open loads of trust funds, for starters, for all sorts of projects I'm interested in, to provide grants ands bursaries, etc., and start local groups, etc., all over the country, and abroad as well.

That would be great fun!

Once I'd worked out what I would need to live and travel very comfortably for the rest of my life, I'd give the rest away.

Otherwise, when I die, the taxman would get a massive chunk of it, apart from anything else.

However, 50 years ago, a million pounds was really worth something. These days, in certain parts of the country, even a mediocre house can cost half a million.

Mind you, I wouldn't say no to a million. I could live nicely on that!

I suppose being a billionaire is the new millionaire now.

Just to confirm now, though, I believe it is official that our definition of a billion is the same as the American one? That is, a thousand million? And not what it used to be, that is, a million million?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Once again we see who is on this UK 2019 list, not just millionaires but all those billionaires!

When looking at your income, either your salary or pension, depending on your present situation, just think of the worries of having all that money, be that £ millions or £ billions – how to get more, how to keep what you have, how to stop the tax man getting what should be paid?

Possibly alright for a while, until you get used to having whatever you want, whenever you want it.

https://news.sky.com/story/who-made-...-year-11717733

If it happened to you, how do you reckon you would get on with being so rich, could you cope with it and how would you do this?
Oh sod it I dread this time of year.
Happens every time this information comes out the local postie starts growling at me because he feels over worked, because of all the begging letters that I start receiving.
I am polite to them all when I write to answer them.
I tell them straight I ain't got no loose change.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Oh sod it I dread this time of year.
Happens every time this information comes out the local postie starts growling at me because he feels over worked, because of all the begging letters that I start receiving.
I am polite to them all when I write to answer them.
I tell them straight I ain't got no loose change.
That's ok, Longdogs, I'll forgo the loose change! I do accept lots of £50 notes, though!

Beg, beg, grovel, grovel, beg, beg.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
That's ok, Longdogs, I'll forgo the loose change! I do accept lots of £50 notes, though!

Beg, beg, grovel, grovel, beg, beg.
Great idea Pixie.
I agree with you and I can send the postie round to Longdogs with all those begging letters.

Save me a job writing all those reply's.

Might also be a good idea to send you an appointment to go to Specsavers whilst I am at it.
Pyxell
South of England

12-05-2019, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Great idea Pixie.
I agree with you and I can send the postie round to Longdogs with all those begging letters.

Save me a job writing all those reply's.

Might also be a good idea to send you an appointment to go to Specsavers whilst I am at it.
Oops! Oops!

I got my Longs mixed up! Eeeeeek!

Sorry!

(Ok, the Pixie thing is acknowledged! )

The same beg and grovel goes for thee, though!
longfellow
Chatterbox

12-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Oops! Oops!

Sorry!

It's ok you are forgiven "Pyxell"
There are many more out there that do the same on occasions.

(If I may give away a secret)
That Longdogs fella is an impostor believe we have stood together in the gents at the local workman's club and he really ain't that long.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 05:07 PM

Oops! Oops!

Sorry!

Pyxell, It could be worse!
Once Longdogs got blasted by a member and it wasn’t even him that had posted it! It was Longfellow and he kept quiet!
It was awful but so funny.
Pyxell
South of England

12-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pyxell, It could be worse!
Once Longdogs got blasted by a member and it wasn’t even him that had posted it! It was Longfellow and he kept quiet!
It was awful but so funny.
That's ok, then!
Naughty Longfellow! Tch! Tch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top