Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Re: "If I had my time again...."

I would not have lied about my age in 1944. I would have waited another year and joined the navy.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
If I had my time again i’d Probably make just as many mistakes
I agree, Ripple. And I would have had just as good a time, feeling passionate and compassionate toward the same friends and family, I'm sure.

All things in my life have equaled out to lots of memories, and coming to terms with the whys and why nots.

I'm in a good place and hope to stay that way in the coming years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=Pyxell;1705290]
Plus, I suppose, the experiences that my choices led to, for better or worse, have made me the person I am now.

Sometimes making rough choices and suffering the consequences is empowering.

However, there are two radical choices I made that I would definitively change, as they felt so very wrong at the time, but I still went ahead with them, with very long-lasting consequences.
One involved a relationship, and one involved a major change of location, and I am still living with the horrible consequences of both decisions.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that Pyxell, but you have the power to do and be whatever you want.... If you want it bad enough that is.....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 04:06 PM

I seem to remember that the great Poet Laureate Sir John Betjeman was asked if he had any regrets in life to which he replied "Yes," . . . "Not enough sex."
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=OldGreyFox;1705364]
Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Plus, I suppose, the experiences that my choices led to, for better or worse, have made me the person I am now.

Sometimes making rough choices and suffering the consequences is empowering.

However, there are two radical choices I made that I would definitively change, as they felt so very wrong at the time, but I still went ahead with them, with very long-lasting consequences.
One involved a relationship, and one involved a major change of location, and I am still living with the horrible consequences of both decisions.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that Pyxell, but you have the power to do and be whatever you want.... If you want it bad enough that is.....
Well, you can change physical consequences, i.e. move again, which I did, but some types of consequences, those involving other people, you can't change.

Ah well.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Um.........maybe not.
I always wanted to be an electrical engineer. Got there.
On the other hand, had I wanted to be the world boxing heavyweight champion......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 04:59 PM

Not much, I am worn out as is!

Ha, just kidding. I'm very happy with my life. Were I to change anything, I might have stayed in Hawaii to build a career working on the big telescopes, and perhaps should have been a little less conventional in following the formula of university-career-marriage-family too soon and too strictly. That said, being a mother is the accomplishment of which I am most proud and regarding that, I wouldn't change anything.

Besides those things I could change, I still just might .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->

One involved a relationship, and one involved a major change of location, and I am still living with the horrible consequences of both decisions.
When relationships are involved it's often someone else who makes life intolerable with the consequences. If that relationship results in children then the consequences are even worse. That is something I have found out and had to live with for the last 42 years and I can assure everyone that is not pleasant at all.

There are still very many happy times, like grandchildren but there are other times when it's just so very, very sad.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some things in life are just not that easy, when it involves other people. A person on their own yes, but often there are others to consider in our lives. For that reason that power is impossible to use, I know what you mean though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 05:30 PM

As much as we love our wives, husbands, partners and children, I think it's those things that get in the way and prevent us from being who we really want to be.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2019, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Some things in life are just not that easy
And some just impossible for mere mortals.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top