Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 10:13 PM

Re: Suckers ...

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Imagine doing that nowadays... oh yuk someone would cry, all the germs!

Did your children have dummies Art?
Pesta, First, can l say, don’t let anyone ever say to me again, that l start weird threads, as this one really takes the biscuit!

Yes, they all had dummies, none of them sucked their thumb. Three of them, had a ‘blankie’ which was their shawl that my mother knitted for them.
Two of them, twiddled their hair whilst they patted the ‘blankie’ against their face!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 10:23 PM

Don't tell any one about this or the bigger boys will make fun of me.

When I was a toddler I used to have a small piece of soft fur material. Not very big but I would tickle just under my nose or around my ears to get to sleep. It was called my wow wow. Wouldn't go to bed without it

I think it was a dog substitute now that I think about it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 10:28 PM

Both my children sucked their thumbs, They had comforters too, sons was a very tatty rabbit, hard to get it off him to wash it, but daughter had a blanket & luckily I had 3 the same so those were easy to remove, substitute & wash.
I hated dummy's & wouldn't give them one. Son was the last to stop thumb sucking, at 14, but daughter stopped when she went to school. I hate seeing 3/4 even 5 year olds still with a dummy in their mouths.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2019, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Don't tell any one about this or the bigger boys will make fun of me.

When I was a toddler I used to have a small piece of soft fur material. Not very big but I would tickle just under my nose or around my ears to get to sleep. It was called my wow wow. Wouldn't go to bed without it

I think it was a dog substitute now that I think about it.
MC, Wow Wow..... How lovely!
I promise l won’t tell the big kids!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-05-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Both my children sucked their thumbs, They had comforters too, sons was a very tatty rabbit, hard to get it off him to wash it, but daughter had a blanket & luckily I had 3 the same so those were easy to remove, substitute & wash.
I hated dummy's & wouldn't give them one. Son was the last to stop thumb sucking, at 14, but daughter stopped when she went to school. I hate seeing 3/4 even 5 year olds still with a dummy in their mouths.
Tiffany, The reason, l preferred my children to have a dummy was because you can take a dummy away but you can’t take a thumb away!
The girl next door sucked her thumb and she had sticky out teeth because of it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 05:34 AM

My brother used to bite his fingernails, I used to cuddle a soft plush tiger (still have him!), my sister used to suck her thumb and cuddle a pair of mother's silk knickers - she had snatched them from the clothes horse at some point and refused to part with them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 09:03 AM

I'm sure I had a dummy when I was a baby but I have never sucked my thumb.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
... of the good old thumb

Come on, did you suck yours? Can you remember how old you were when you stopped?

Did you have something you cuddled or did something that comforted you in bed? (Keep it clean )

I sucked my thumb right the way through into my 20s and my comfort thing was making a little part of the pillowcase into a twist shape then I'd put it in my ear when I lay down. Failing that, I used to do the same with my hair, twist it and put it in my ear and lie down on it.

So come on, I've fessed up, now it's your turn
What????
Who can surpass this!!
I had to re-read it a few times ..... LMAO!!!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What????
Who can surpass this!!
I had to re-read it a few times ..... LMAO!!!!
but we need to know...did it make her deaf?!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
but we need to know...did it make her deaf?!
Haha. Oh lord please stop.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top