Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 09:16 AM

Re: salted butter/ unsalted butter

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I used to love Anchor butter when it still came from New Zealand. Since they moved it to UK and changed the recipe it is not the same.

These days the only butter I use is Kerrygold. Their cows are grass fed and not injected with antibiotics or growth hormones. It is a bit more expensive than other butters - but it is delicious!
I prefer Kerrygold too, it tastes so much nicer!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:02 AM

Dragon used to use 'Fernleaf' butter - a New Zealand butter which I used to like. Availability of it ceased after that scumbag Heath took us into the Common Market without so much as a 'by your leave, kiss my arse' nothing!!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:31 PM

I have to say that this thread is making me want to try salted butter. It must be nice slathered on a baked potato. So you might not need any other topping. I also like the idea of melted butter with crunchy sea salt. Have never thought of mixing salt with butter in that way.

I watch my salt intake. As I was a teen in the health boom of the 80s I gave up my three sugars in tea, butter and added salt then. So both butter and salt seems terribly bad for you but the thread is tempting me!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have to say that this thread is making me want to try salted butter. It must be nice slathered on a baked potato. So you might not need any other topping. I also like the idea of melted butter with crunchy sea salt. Have never thought of mixing salt with butter in that way.

I watch my salt intake. As I was a teen in the health boom of the 80s I gave up my three sugars in tea, butter and added salt then. So both butter and salt seems terribly bad for you but the thread is tempting me!

No, Annie darlin' - butter alone on baked potatoes is not good enough !!! - have to add grated cheese too with half dozen slices of Corned beef too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No, Annie darlin' - butter alone on baked potatoes is not good enough !!! - have to add grated cheese too with half dozen slices of Corned beef too.
Heart attack special .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-05-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Heart attack special .

Not my heart that's the problem - its my lungs that need replacing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:19 AM

I will have to try that UJ
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-05-2019, 10:36 AM

I will have to try that UJ

It makes a reasonable lightish lunch Annie darlin'
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-05-2019, 10:44 AM

It makes a reasonable lightish lunch Annie darlin'
Haha! My work colleagues would be full of admiration and green with envy if i ate that at lunchtime 😀
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

21-05-2019, 11:08 AM

Haha! My work colleagues would be full of admiration and green with envy if i ate that at lunchtime 😀

I sent out for an 'Indian' Take-away last evening Annie darlin' - it consisted of: 3 Onion Bhargis, two Poppadoms, a tray of rice and a larger tray of the curry, and a Peshwari Naan. All of it was consumed!!!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top