Join for free
Page 14 of 33 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 02:35 PM

Re: Seen A Scam? Warn us if you have!

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm sorry to have made light of it Baz and I really feel for the people who have been duped out of their life savings, but the email you posted was so obviously a scam I couldn't resist the humorous response. I wasn't thinking about the poor folks who would take an email like that seriously....
I realised it was just a bit of fun to lighten the tone.
Of course, none of us would ever poke fun at the people who the bastards con out of money.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I had a parcel, from Amazon, last year, which contained a package of cat food.

The order was for a piece of technical stuff.

When I complained, Amazon, at first, were wary.

In the end, they asked for the parcel & contents to be returned and shipped out another correct item.
One thing I did learn was that Amazon have cameras everywhere, even in the parcel packing area, and are able to see what's shut into your parcel.

Good for them!

That worked OK.
I, too, have had problems with an Amazon delivery, but I think only once or twice, and we do buy a lot from Amazon.

To be fair, once I had contacted them, they were very good and rectified matters instantly. On another occasion, as well as replacing the wrong item, they told me to keep the incorrect item and not go to the trouble of sending it back.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I suppose it depends upon which seller people use. I don't know which company this example was, but I'm sure that there are consumer protection laws which would have fought for the customer.

Certainly, if the buyer uses a credit card, the credit card company would ensure a full refund in such a case.

Yes, I would imagine that has a lot to do with it, JBR.
The case I was on about was on a tv programme about scams, and I don't think it named the seller.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 07:08 PM

Please note: my apologies are due to JBR and OldGreyFox, the wording in my post could I admit have been better. However, there was never any intention on my part to insinuate that either of you were laughing at the plight of any victim of these appalling scammers. What I was doing was the same as you both, which was to laugh at the content of the e-mail I received and posted on here for all to see.

Wow! sounds epic Baz.....Are you going for it?.....
Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
– Snip –

Yes, a good laugh if nothing else. I just feel sorry for anyone who does take the bait and loses a lot of money. Often their life savings too.
Before condemning me, perhaps you can consider exactly what I was laughing at.

If there still remains any doubt, I feel as angry with these con artists as anyone.
See my apology above JBR, there was never any intention of condemning you, I was not directing my comment 'a good laugh if nothing else' at you or your post. Having seen enough of your posts generally I have no doubt you feel as angry at these scammers as I do and probably most members of OFF too.

– Snip –

Yes, a good laugh if nothing else. I just feel sorry for anyone who does take the bait and loses a lot of money. Often their life savings too.
I'm sorry to have made light of it Baz and I really feel for the people who have been duped out of their life savings, but the email you posted was so obviously a scam I couldn't resist the humorous response. I wasn't thinking about the poor folks who would take an email like that seriously....
OldGreyFox – your humorous response was exactly what I meant with my words, nothing more than that so no apology is necessary.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Firstly, if I buy anything online, I will only pay by PayPal. If the seller does not accept PayPal, then I look for one that does. I do buy a lot of things from eBay and Amazon.
I have only had one problem earlier, but the bank got my money back.
As for Baz46 email, there is a group that hooks onto these ‘BOYS’ and will play with them for ages. (419 Eater).
Thanks for that information, I was not aware of that so will check it out further. The way I look at it when 'playing' with these scammers as I do, is that while I am doing that they are unable to try and scam others who may not be quite as wary as myself.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-12-2020, 08:34 PM

Please note: my apologies are due to JBR and OldGreyFox, the wording in my post could I admit have been better. However, there was never any intention on my part to insinuate that either of you were laughing at the plight of any victim of these appalling scammers. What I was doing was the same as you both, which was to laugh at the content of the e-mail I received and posted on here for all to see.

See my apology above JBR, there was never any intention of condemning you, I was not directing my comment 'a good laugh if nothing else' at you or your post. Having seen enough of your posts generally I have no doubt you feel as angry at these scammers as I do and probably most members of OFF too.

OldGreyFox – your humorous response was exactly what I meant with my words, nothing more than that so no apology is necessary.
No need for any apologies as far as I'm concerned, Baz, and I'm sure that goes for OGF too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:11 PM

No need for any apologies as far as I'm concerned, Baz, and I'm sure that goes for OGF too.
Yep, same here Baz, no need for you to apologise. I think that we all get on well and generally understand each other.....
Baz46

04-12-2020, 10:29 PM

Yep, same here Baz, no need for you to apologise. I think that we all get on well and generally understand each other.....
That's very magnanimous of you both, thanks. It's just that I am not a person to deliberately upset anyone, that definitely is not me but even more so if my choice of words has been taken wrongly with the results seen in the posts you both made.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 04:41 PM

Have not had a scam call for about 18 months.

Started again today had two call already to say say my internet connection and phone land line was going to be terminated due to suspicious active say they are from BT

My internet is with talktalk,
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 05:39 PM

Had one once from Karachi (I think)purporting to be Microsoft. 'Problem with my machine'. I said I was on a Mac.[I wasnt]

He want fazed.
'Not a problem sir!'

Oh Ok.

Proceed to waste his time.
I even let him hang 10 minutes while I pretended to fetch my neighbour to help me carry out his evil instructions.

Tenacious bugger, it was probably 35 minutes and I got fed up and suggested he got a proper job.

'This is my job sir!'

I was left wondering if the sap was actually under the impression that it was all legit and the real villain takes over when I relinquish control.

As I said I got fed up and I told him to go to hell.

Few minutes later the phone goes again and I get the silent treatment. Presumably his super

So I do the reverse number check, which surprised me as it was available.

Im ex directory but still not something I would recommend anyone do

Page 14 of 33 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top